Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, Awol said:

When some folks act like children we all get treated like children. 

Anyone still taking the piss after this deserves to be fined. 

Tell them they will get NHS treatment if they or their family are ill, but they’ll get a bill for it. Free treatment is for people who do not risk their own or other people’s health. 

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

No way you can get together with all those you works with in the same boat and express your concerns to those in charge. Or even better are you in a Union?

Yes but they have backed the company, end of production tomorrow, because we have run out of parts. But certain vital people will have to stay......... Its a joke 

8 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

well as I feared, only travel to work if it is "absolutely necessary" that basically means that my workplace will just keep us in the office and will most likely put the homeworking stuff right on the back burner.

It is travel to work for essential work and only if that work cannot be done at home. If you can do at home what you can do in the office then you should be working from home. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Its pretty much what I have been doing for the last week anyway. Left the house twice, both involved a visit to the supermarket. 

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Police will  be out  further to that if people still arent listening, military will back up. I think most of us know what's required.

But will they though? Boris didn't really say anything about it other than 'you will be dispersed' but didn't really say anything about how this will be enforced. 

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

So when there’s scores of people walking up and down the seaside sea front on a sunny day what can anyone do? They’re just getting their first walk of the day.

Hes making a right pigs ear of this, public cant be trusted.

Disagree, people need the space to breathe and exercising once a day is fine, so long as people respect social distancing. I take my kids down the (quiet) beach every day, they need to burn off some energy. 

People need to get out and buy food, especially if they’ve been shamed into not stocking their cupboards up before now. 

Interestingly they don’t yet have the legislation on the books to enforce this in Scotland, should be done later this week. For now the police can only give you ‘strong advice’. The local divs will still push it for as long as they legally can. 

• Like 2

Restrictions are poor.

Businesses will remain open, they haven't been told to close. There are a lot of people in this country who can't work from home.

Public transport is still running, people will stick to all the restrictions then each morning jump onto a crowded bus or train.

Borders remain open allowing more and more cases of the virus to come into the country.

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It is travel to work for essential work and only if that work cannot be done at home. If you can do at home what you can do in the office then you should be working from home. 

So we cant go to church cant mix our families but we can go to work , for what the bosses think is absolutely essential. Well my bosses think getting ready to build more cars in 4 weeks im essential so off we all go to work 

Just now, tinker said:

So we cant go to church cant mix our families but we can go to work , for what the bosses think is absolutely essential. Well my bosses think getting ready to build more cars in 4 weeks im essential so off we all go to work 

He said if you go out for walk maximum of two people unless part of same family who live together. No going to visit friends or family. How does that fit in if you are having to go to work in an office with tens of other people? 

Is there anything you do in your office that is a critical part of your job that you could not do at home?

Just discussed the important stuff with my wife. She will walk the shih Tzu in the morning and I will walk the Shih Tzu in the evening. The freezer is full, I have a **** ton of wine and a block of cheese. We will be fine. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Interestingly they don’t yet have the legislation on the books to enforce this in Scotland, should be done later this week.

The Grauniad piece suggests the same applies in England, too:

In the past few days, there had been concern about announcing a lockdown before police have the proper powers to enforce one – which will only come into law with the emergency coronavirus legislation later in the week.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

So I live alone, my gf lives alone but a couple of hours away. Is commuting to get my leg over ok? It's my first exercise of the day?

Ask yourself the question - would Boris do it? In answer to the question, not meaning your significant other

(Either way, Boris would probably say yes!) 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

So I live alone, my gf lives alone but a couple of hours away. Is commuting to get my leg over ok? It's my first exercise of the day?

Decide who’s place is the best shag palace, get there tonight and dig in for the duration. They’ll be watching mobile phone data from tomorrow to ID and track people who aren’t screwing the nut - no pun intended.. 

Â