Generic Virus Thread

villakram

News suggesting it won’t be called “lockdown” but will effectively be one. 

The impression I get is the government seem determined to somehow do this differently to everyone else in the world. 

Even now they’re probably locking us down, it feels like they want to be able to turn around at the end and say “and we did it without a lockdown!”

• Like 2

I know I might be banging on about this but if they are going to class us as a key worker then they'll just sit on their hands and keep us in the office and won't be in any rush to get us working from home at all

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

News suggesting it won’t be called “lockdown” but will effectively be one. 

The impression I get is the government seem determined to somehow do this differently to everyone else in the world. 

Even now they’re probably locking us down, it feels like they want to be able to turn around at the end and say “and we did it without a lockdown!”

Them wanting to be different will count against them if it turns out we are one of the hardest hit in terms of deaths. 

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Them wanting to be different will count against them if it turns out we are one of the hardest hit in terms of deaths. 

I’m sure they’ll find a way to blame Corbyn or the EU

• Like 1

It's ok to go to the park, it's ok to go shopping... I can't see how what he has just said is any different to what we've been told/should have been doing anyway.

At least weddings etc have been stopped 

I mean 'you will be dispersed' is all well and good but when was the last time anyone saw any police in Sutton Park? I just don't think this goes far enough given the obvious idiocy of the average tesco-queueing muppets.

23 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I know I might be banging on about this but if they are going to class us as a key worker then they'll just sit on their hands and keep us in the office and won't be in any rush to get us working from home at all

This all over,  I'm at work with hundreds of workers, ffs Boris be clear my bosses are just ignoring your instructions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I mean 'you will be dispersed' is all well and good but when was the last time anyone saw any police in Sutton Park? I just don't think this goes far enough given the obvious idiocy of the average tesco-queueing muppets.

It’ll only make it worse. Things just got real for some of those people. They’ll be queueing at Aldi at 6am, family of four, one trolley each. 

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

It's ok to go to the park, it's ok to go shopping... I can't see how what he has just said is any different to what we've been told/should have been doing anyway.

At least weddings etc have been stopped 

So when there’s scores of people walking up and down the seaside sea front on a sunny day what can anyone do? They’re just getting their first walk of the day.

Hes making a right pigs ear of this, public cant be trusted.

• Like 1

Just now, tinker said:

This all over,  I'm at work with hundreds of workers, ffs Boris be clear my bosses are just ignoring your instructions. 

well as I feared, only travel to work if it is "absolutely necessary" that basically means that my workplace will just keep us in the office and will most likely put the homeworking stuff right on the back burner.

Well there you go, Sweden officially pretty much the last European country without any restrictions.

Hope it works out for us, we always like to think we know better than everyone else and I hope we do this time.

Leaving it to people acting sensibly and doing the right think is a massive gamble IMO.

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

No way you can get together with all those you work with in the same boat and express your concerns to those in charge? Or even better/simpler are you in a Union?

Edited by markavfc40

Â