Generic Virus Thread

villakram

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Off tonight for a bit of looting and to stock up on tinned goods.

I've seen 28 days, I've seen contagion, I know all the strategies.
Girlfriend is getting binned too.

3 simple rules to live by from the movie Carriers:

1. One, avoid the infected at all costs. Their breath is highly contagious.
  2. Two, disinfect anything they've touched in the last 24 hours.
  3. Three, the sick are already dead, they can't be saved. You break the rules, you die. You follow them, you live. Maybe.

With the state of my lungs, it’s game over for me if I cop for this.

Breathing difficulties are a major symptom and I already get that putting my socks on or having a vigorous wank. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

You're saying it didn't happen then? 

I'm saying if it did happen then it has probably been embelished to suit an agenda, hence the mention of the supposed ethnicity of the attacjers, which quite frankly is irrelevant. If there was some sort of Police appeal to find these men, then it would be relevant but thee isn't and that certainly isn't the motivation behind the article

34 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Breathing difficulties are a major symptom and I already get that putting my socks on or having a vigorous wank. 

Strewth. No option but to go barefoot then. Still, it’ll free up the socks for some other purpose...

• Like 1

You'll want to be well on your way towards the Scottish highlands (or whatever the destination may be) before the government issues a statement that "everything is under control"

By then it will be too late.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Never mind the virus, my share portfolio has taken a pounding the last 48 hours.

No more lobsters for lunch for the time being :( 

Take all your money out and buy up the entire UK supply of hand gel and surgical face masks.

This time next year Rodders.........well assuming you don’t die that is 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Finally some panic in these parts, ffs 😂

I panicked 10 days ago when containment failed in Wuhan. Now looking forward to quarantine so I can sell my new stock of rice & tinned tuna to SNP supporters at 5000% mark-up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villakram said:

CDC said earlier today that it a matter of if **not** when it has community outbreaks here in the US.

Let the madness commence.

This is how the real panic and riots will start:

Coca-Cola could be in tight supply of artificial sweetener for diet and zero-sugar drinks because of coronavirus

San Francisco (CNN Business)Coca-Cola says coronavirus has disrupted its supply chain, and artificial sweeteners from China could be in shorter supply if the outbreak continues to spread.

Production and exports have been delayed for Coke's suppliers of sugar alternatives used in the company's diet and zero-sugar drinks, Coca-Cola disclosed Monday as part of its annual report.
"We have initiated contingency supply plans and do not foresee a short-term impact due to these delays," Coca-Cola wrote in the filing. "However, we may see tighter supplies of some of these ingredients in the longer term should production or export operations in China deteriorate."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/25/business/coca-cola-coronavirus-artificial-sweeteners/index.html

I work with lots of Italians as we have a site in Turin.

A load of them were over here yesterday, having travelled on Monday. Which made me nervous anyway.

Another Italian, who lives here, has just returned from holidaying back home (again in and around Turin). He was in Monday and Tuesday and I work closely with him, had a 1:1 with him yesterday.
His wife now has the flu so he's in isolation for a couple of weeks.

Guess if I develop any symptoms I'll be doing the same!

10 hours ago, Awol said:

I panicked 10 days ago when containment failed in Wuhan. Now looking forward to quarantine so I can sell my new stock of rice & tinned tuna to SNP supporters at 5000% mark-up.

They won’t be having none  of that fancy food in Scotland 

• Like 1

Â