Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 hours ago, Bugzy1991 said:

I live in Asia where there's been a huge influx of Chinese over the past 2 years. I interact with quite a few Chinese and I feel like I may have caught it this week? 

Day 1: sore throat. 

Day 2: really bad sore throat a slight fever.

Day 3: coughing my lungs with a huge amount of phlem

Day 4: same as day 3

Day 5: cured? Coughing and everything went away 

The only reason why I thought I got it because when I usually start coughing my lungs out with a cold or flu from this part of the world, it usually lasts for 2 weeks or more. I was just amazed that it just went out of nowhere.

The worst part is that I'm better now, but I should probably quarantine myself, but there's been no suspected cases in country I'm in. Am I an asshole for not getting checked out? 

I believe you are no longer spreading; however, there have been reported cases of individuals who get covid19, recovered and then 20 days later get it a second time. 

** Not the opinion of a medical doctor **

4 hours ago, Bugzy1991 said:

I live in Asia where there's been a huge influx of Chinese over the past 2 years. I interact with quite a few Chinese and I feel like I may have caught it this week? 

Day 1: sore throat. 

Day 2: really bad sore throat a slight fever.

Day 3: coughing my lungs with a huge amount of phlem

Day 4: same as day 3

Day 5: cured? Coughing and everything went away 

The only reason why I thought I got it because when I usually start coughing my lungs out with a cold or flu from this part of the world, it usually lasts for 2 weeks or more. I was just amazed that it just went out of nowhere.

The worst part is that I'm better now, but I should probably quarantine myself, but there's been no suspected cases in country I'm in. Am I an asshole for not getting checked out? 

Nah, I'd probably have done the same

Ah yes , the Chinese ploy to kill thousands of its citizens as revenge for Brexit 

Anyhow , the Huawei  Skynet program will kick in at some point and do a far better job of wiping out the Uk population with its army of killer 5G robots , far more effective than some indiscriminate virus

9 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Like in a Leviticus 19:19, "thou shalt not wear a garment of mixed linen and wool" sort of way?

No, as in the not being processed correctly by your digestive system way.

Hence, leaking through to parts of your digestive system where they shouldn't be and interfering with the "regular" process there, e.g., by simply sabotaging some reaction and hence inhibiting nutrient extraction/absorption or promoting growth of bacterial populations all out of wack.

Of course, as there are no citations provided here, this has a bro-science ring to it, which would infact be from a similar lineage as that Leviticus fellow.

Edited by villakram
tldr: I'm a prat and that zoomed right over my head...

58 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Ah yes , the Chinese ploy to kill thousands of its citizens as revenge for Brexit 

Anyhow , the Huawei  Skynet program will kick in at some point and do a far better job of wiping out the Uk population with its army of killer 5G robots , far more effective than some indiscriminate virus

It was tongue in cheek, if not a little distasteful admittedly.

58 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Not if Priti gets you first!

39 minutes ago, villakram said:

No, as in the not being processed correctly by your digestive system way.

You auto-corrected "sweater" rather than "sweetener". So an artificial sweater might be like the mixed fabrics that the more mental parts of the Bible say are evil.

It was a...actually, you know what, never mind. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Imagine if this virus takes out all the men with facial hair . . . the male population aged 25-45, cruelly cut in half, and absolutely nobody left making pulled pork at 'street food' stalls 😞

]

Imagine the market for specialized hipster friendly face masks 

Someone's going to get stupid rich.

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Imagine if this virus takes out all the men with facial hair . . . the male population aged 25-45, cruelly cut in half, and absolutely nobody left making pulled pork at 'street food' stalls 😞

]

No more Pop Up Bars selling cans of American IPA flavoured with corriander and buckwheat

• Sad 1

Â