Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Probably 10 weeks after said GP has said "I don't think this is anything to worry about - but comeback and see me if its gets worse, I should have a leaflet by then" 

I received a text message from my GP last week about this , can't speak for every GP of course but mine are certainly on the ball

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Are you saying you eat meat because you don’t like animals?

No. I said if I loved animals or a particular animal I probably wouldn’t eat meat.  

I eat meat because of the Taste, nutrients and protein content.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No. I said if I loved animals or a particular animal I probably wouldn’t eat meat.  

I eat meat because of the Taste, nutrients and protein content.

No you didn’t. For some weird reason you went back and edited it.

You originally said no way would you ever eat meat.

It really wasn’t that big a deal to bother doing that, it was just a random question, no biggy.

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No you didn’t. For some weird reason you went back and edited it.

You originally said no way would you ever eat meat.

It really wasn’t that big a deal to bother doing that, it was just a random question, no biggy.

I realised it was a bit of an exaggeration so I edited what I originally said.  Good spot though :)

• Like 1

Massive spike in reported cases over night, 15000 new confirmed cases and almost 250 more dead.

This comes after China changed how they diagnose so nothing new has probably happened. Almost all new cases are from the Hubei province.

No real surprise as the numbers reported are never going to be the actual number of affected people.

China also hasba bizarre way of reporting deaths which basically means the official figures aren't comparable to a Western equivalent - basically the virus will have killed people that China won't have noted as dying as a result of the disease, but some other condition they have.

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

China also hasba bizarre way of reporting deaths which basically means the official figures aren't comparable to a Western equivalent - basically the virus will have killed people that China won't have noted as dying as a result of the disease, but some other condition they have.

Isn't it the case that the virus does not kill in itself, but weakens the organism so that the victims die of pneumonia and similar illnesses?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Isn't it the case that the virus does not kill in itself, but weakens the organism so that the victims die of pneumonia and similar illnesses?

Yes, but in most of the world your cause of death would note that you died of pneumonia caused by the virus. In China, they just put down pneumonia. If you have a dodgy heart and the virus pushes you over the edge, here they will say you died of heart failure with complications of the virus. In China, you died of heart failure.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Yes, but in most of the world your cause of death would note that you died of pneumonia caused by the virus. In China, they just put down pneumonia. If you have a dodgy heart and the virus pushes you over the edge, here they will say you died of heart failure with complications of the virus. In China, you died of heart failure.

There’s been a lot on Twitter about many pneumonia cases in Beijing hospitals that weren’t being recorded as Coronavirus deaths, probably because they can’t possibly quarantine the capital.

It’s a fair bet to say they’ve lost the containment effort, in which case a global pandemic over coming months seems nailed on now. 

Could do wonders for house prices.

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

unfortunately similar to how the US DoD counts civilians perhaps...

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

Will be able to get a cracking deal on cruises as well

Going on one saturday. Hoping it'll be a quieter crowd since I've seen numerous posts on various message boards asking can they get a refund because they are scared of coronavirus. 

Although I am fighting a cold right now so I am hoping I don't get turned away when trying to check on board. 

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Going on one saturday. Hoping it'll be a quieter crowd since I've seen numerous posts on various message boards asking can they get a refund because they are scared of coronavirus. 

Although I am fighting a cold right now so I am hoping I don't get turned away when trying to check on board. 

Just show up wearing a mask - that'll go down well :thumb:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Most flu causes inflammation of the lungs which in turn causes a water reaction within the lung.

I think the majority with flu, technically, drown.

Â