Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah but I reckon many of us will get the virus. 

Attention grabbing headline in the Guardian today says that one of Hong Kong’s head medicos reckons the virus could infect 60% of the planet if it continues unchecked. That’s roughly 4.5 billion people infected (and over 90m killed at the 2% death rate).

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Attention grabbing headline in the Guardian today says that one of Hong Kong’s head medicos reckons the virus could infect 60% of the planet if it continues unchecked. That’s roughly 4.5 billion people infected (and over 90m killed at the 2% death rate).

zte3zGm.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Hes right it could infect 60% of us - it could affect even more - key word is could. - at present other than lock-down there is nothing to stop it. 

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I find the outrage of certain countries allowing the consumption of dog as hypocritical. But that’s for a different topic. 

Agree with @It's Your Round though. Aren’t there enough f*****g animals to eat already?? Do you really have to make delicacies out of endangered species ffs!!

We could just all agree not to eat any animals...

:trollface:

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We could just all agree not to eat any animals...

:trollface:

if we weren't supposed to eat animals , nature wouldn't have made them so damn tasty   ... the unicorn wouldn't be extinct if it tasted like durian fruit

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

60% of people, with a 1% mortality rate is about 47 million deaths.

It'll all be fine!

Which is approximately half that caused by ‘spanish’ flu a hundred years ago.

That one is still the benchmark. Back then, doctors and scientists ‘suspected’ it was a virus, but didn’t have the technology to see anything that small. So all attempts at diagnosis and vaccine were essentially, done in the dark. 

I’m fascinated by it!

The Swedish postal service has now stopped all deliveries from China because of the Corona virus. Or so they claim.

Postnord as they are called is the worst run company in Sweden and this is likely just down to them not being able to do the job they are commanded to do.

They've been trying to stop or limit the number of packages from China for years now as they can't do their job and are losing tax payer money at a comical rate.

Still, it's pretty drastic.

Edit: apparently it's also packages to China as the postal service there is partly shut down and can't handle the packages coming in. 

Edited by sne

25 minutes ago, sne said:

The Swedish postal service has now stopped all deliveries from China because of the Corona virus. Or so they claim.

Postnord as they are called is the worst run company in Sweden and this is likely just down to them not being able to do the job they are commanded to do.

They've been trying to stop or limit the number of packages from China for years now as they can't do their job and are losing tax payer money at a comical rate.

Still, it's pretty drastic.

Edit: apparently it's also packages to China as the postal service there is partly shut down and can't handle the packages coming in. 

And stupid.

Viruses don't survive on surfaces for long. A parcel from China isn't going to have any chance, it'll be dead by the time it's being sent, let alone delivered.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

I expect a lot of big factories in the UK and around the world will start to grind to a halt if this isn't brought under control soon.

Believe most factories were back up and running from yesterday. There might be a slight bump as the extended holiday takes its toll but China will be pumping out components and miscellaneous bits as per normal already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The confirmed cases in the UK will obviously rise quite rapidly in 4-5 weeks when the people who think they have it finally get to see a GP.

Probably 10 weeks after said GP has said "I don't think this is anything to worry about - but comeback and see me if its gets worse, I should have a leaflet by then" 

Â