Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Really should frighten Americans - and by extension, everyone else - that this is where the government is at on this:

VOICEOVER: Actually, literally nothing about Mike Pence's career to date suggested he had 'got a certain talent for this'.

• Haha 2

I suppose maybe Trump means that what Pence 'has got a certain talent for' is reporting back to him, which, to be fair, maybe he has.

He certainly does not have any sort of talent for administration of a public health crisis - his opposition to needle exchanges in Indiana led to thousands needlessly dying from HIV.

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I suppose maybe Trump means that what Pence 'has got a certain talent for' is reporting back to him, which, to be fair, maybe he has.

He certainly does not have any sort of talent for administration of a public health crisis - his opposition to needle exchanges in Indiana led to thousands needlessly dying from HIV.

Thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Apparently I'm doomed if this chart by the CDC is correct since I'm rocking the Bandholz. Whatever the f that is.

5131aaefc3264dbba877ef9d318ae3f0_md.jpg

There a story that the reason for a famous Nazi's follicle stylings was due to having to trim a rather dapper mustache to fit on a gas mask during WWI gas attacks!

How they can call that a toothbrush with any level of seriousness is beyond me 😂

• Haha 2

Staff in our Tokyo and Milan offices are working from home when they can.

Travel's been suspended in and out of Milan too.

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

God works in mysterious ways

Qom has an outbreak too, that's a God Squad town. Iran's fatality rates are shocking with it.

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

Staff in our Tokyo and Milan offices are working from home when they can.

Travel's been suspended in and out of Milan too.

Qom has an outbreak too, that's a God Squad town. Iran's fatality rates are shocking with it.

And MASSIVELY under reported from the speculation I've been reading

7 minutes ago, Xann said:

Yep, Friday prayers cancelled tomorrow for the first time since the 1979 Islamic Revolution. Too late for them though, the authorities let the virus run wild so Iran is acting as a super-spreader. 

Read the Vice President is down with it now, too. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xann said:

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

And MASSIVELY under reported from the speculation I've been reading

Iran's fatality rate does seem really high, but presumably this is a consequence of having a limited number of kits and using them to test corpses as much as living people. It's hard to see why the virus itself would be more deadly there. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Iran's fatality rate does seem really high, but presumably this is a consequence of having a limited number of kits and using them to test corpses as much as living people. It's hard to see why the virus itself would be more deadly there. 

Why is Iran's reported mortality rate for coronavirus higher than in other countries?

Iran's reported mortality rate for the illness — about 14 percent — surpasses the rate for other countries by a dramatic margin.

NBC

Some opinions here.

• Thanks 1

Â