Generic Virus Thread

villakram

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

11 towns in N Italy now under quarantine. I wonder how well a similar measure would go down in the UK? 

Serie A games in Turin, Verona, Milano and Bergamo cancelled today due to the virus.

45 minutes ago, sne said:

Serie A games in Turin, Verona, Milano and Bergamo cancelled today due to the virus.

It might yet save our season. Just need to be outside the bottom 3 if the PL is ended early! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sweden will be so screwed if it gets hold here. Most of our hospitals are already stretched way over capacity and there is no where near enough staff as it is now.

Apparently we are now among the worst if not worst when it comes to hospital places per capita in the EU. This area of infrastructure has been totally dismantled during the last 20-30 years.

The only area in any crisis we are prepared for is information. Thousands upon thousands of communication people, administrators and non essential staff take up all the salary and room that actual useful people could have had. I guess that's not exclusive to Sweden thou.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Sweden will be so screwed if it gets hold here. Most of our hospitals are already stretched way over capacity and there is no where near enough staff as it is now.

Apparently we are now among the worst if not worst when it comes to hospital places per capita in the EU. This area of infrastructure has been totally dismantled during the last 20-30 years.

The only area in any crisis we are prepared for is information. Thousands upon thousands of communication people, administrators and non essential staff take up all the salary and room that actual useful people could have had. I guess that's not exclusive to Sweden thou.

The NHS decided many years ago to fill itself full of managers, managers with no health industry experience and couldn't get a job managing a hot dog stand

• Sad 1

Pandemic incoming. It's completely failed to be contained. It's now being posited that the hope is it'll be killed off by the season change incoming.

Which is pretty much a bell toll for hopes we can control this.

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Pandemic incoming. It's completely failed to be contained. It's now being posited that the hope is it'll be killed off by the season change incoming.

Which is pretty much a bell toll for hopes we can control this.

I was living in the middle east when the last Coronavirus called MERS broke out (from camels). The sunshine didn’t pose much of an obstacle. 

Proud moment.

Woman is savagely beaten in Birmingham ‘coronavirus rage’ attack after stepping in to defend her Chinese friend from racist abuse

A woman was punched and knocked unconscious after she stepped in to defend her Chinese friend who was accused of carrying coronavirus

Trainee lawyer Meera Solanki, from Solihull, was out with friends celebrating her 29th birthday at Birmingham's Ana Rocha Bar and Gallery on Frederick Street. 

Miss Solanki was inside the venue with her friends including Mandy Huang, 28, who was visiting from London, when the group were targeted by a group of Asian men.

'For some reason he got really angry with her. He started abusing her calling her a dirty c****. 

'He said 'take your f****** coronavirus and take it back home.'

Miss Solanki told how she was 'shocked and angry' and shouted at the man to stop while she tried to push him away.   

'He punched me in the head, I hit the pavement and was knocked unconcious,' Miss Solanki said. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8034545/Woman-savagely-beaten-Birmingham-coronavirus-rage-attack.html

• Sad 2

Made it back from my cruise. No coronavirus onboard and it was a good cruise. But what was funny to me was they told me come to the port earlier than normal for extra screening due to the virus. All I had to do was fill up a 3 questionnaire asking if I had been to china, am I sick, or was I sick? Even when checking my passport, they never checked stamps. Could have easily come onboard with the virus. There was no screening coming off the ship. 

On 23/02/2020 at 15:29, sne said:

cant let this happen. I have a new Volvo on order, due to arrive in April. Get it sorted Sweden

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

cant let this happen. I have a new Volvo on order, due to arrive in April. Get it sorted Sweden

You might be screwed as the engines are made in China anyway and those 3 factories are apparently still closed and the containers are sitting at the docks :mellow:

Edit: should add I know absolutely nothing about the logistics in these things :D 

Edited by sne

19 hours ago, bickster said:

"Asian Men" is a less than subtle way of saying Muslims.

I think it's even less subtle than that. In Daily Mail speak "Asian Men" means "[nudge nudge], not british, but foreigners who shouldn't be here".

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bickster said:

You'll notice they were "Asian Men", which is rather rich considering that their target was an "Asian Woman"

"Asian Men" is a less than subtle way of saying Muslims.

It's the Daily Mail. I'm more inclined to believe stories in The Sport

You're saying it didn't happen then? 

Â