Generic Virus Thread

villakram

31 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I know you are unlikely to but read her Twitter timeline. I never thought I would see the day when I am sticking up for Nicki Minaj but here we are. She appears to have been misreported, misquoted and in addition her tweets took literally. I am not saying she isn't a jackass, but currently, for why she is trending, I think it's maybe off the mark. 

Now I’m intrigued.  Did she not write or say what’s been reported?

26 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Now I’m intrigued.  Did she not write or say what’s been reported?

It's a wild ride with swears and trust me, there is nothing I like less than an email notification that Limpid has messaged me. Basically a relative of hers bollocks swelled up and clearly for a joke she said covid vac, it reads as a joke and she said on her own timeline it was a joke. In addition it was reported that she didn't go to a thing called a met Ball as they require jabs when apparently, again this is on her timeline, she is a relatively new mum and that's why she didn't go. Makes sense. 

Really though, me defending Nicki Minaj isn't where I want to be right now. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Here we go again.

Covid in 3 of the year groups at my child’s school. Closing on Friday for a deep clean, return of year group bubbles and request to test all children daily for 1 week.

We've had a letter from school saying they've had 12 cases and other local schools have been closing school years. 

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Here we go again.

Covid in 3 of the year groups at my child’s school. Closing on Friday for a deep clean, return of year group bubbles and request to test all children daily for 1 week.

The virus is here forever. Is this how its going to be from now on? Kids will never have an education at this rate. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, MichaelBN said:

I want to go to Villa Park for the West Ham match on 31 October. I'm travelling from Denmark, a green country regarding Covid 19. I then need to book a Day 2 test before leaving Denmark. I'm arriving on 30 October, that's my Day 0. I'm leaving England on 1 November - my Day 2 and the day for my test. But even if I take a test in the morning, I won't have the result before I'm back in Denmark, so regarding my stay in England, the test result won't matter, as I see it.

Now my thougt is - do I need to take the Day 2 test or is it enough that I book the test and have this booking, when I'm arriving in the airport? Can I book the cheapest available test, because I won't use it? Or do I have to find a place in Birmingham for a on-site test on my Day 1 or Day 2? I can find many hundreds places for tests, but also there are a lot of different prices, and if the test doesn't matter, because I'm leaving England on Day 2, then I can't see a reason not to buy the cheapest one.

I hope someone can answer me. Thank you.

I haven't taken the Day 2 test the last two times I've been back to the UK, it really doesn't seem to matter for the reasons you've stated. Sometimes the tests arrive too late anyway (you could order on a Friday when you leave and if it doesn't get posted by Saturday then it won't be there on Sunday) or you might not have a fixed address to send a test to, etc...

Just buy the cheapest one. Or I'll give you the format for a test number to put on the PLF (they don't check this when you cross the border) and don't even bother to buy one at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Last Friday, I started coughing, developed a runny nose and a sore throat. My girlfriend and our son had exactly the same symptoms. We did Covid lft's at home and all were negative so we all went about our day as normal, son off to school and Mom and Dad off to work. 

Our symptoms are still the same now, today. However, I'm Asthmatic and my asthma wasn't great all weekend so I stayed home and did bugger all. On Monday morning I went to work. I told my boss that my asthma wasn't great and how I'd been etc so I would be unable to wear a mask as anything around my face when I'm feeling like that makes me worse. Now, I shouldn't have probably gone in if I'm being honest as I didn't feel well enough to but my bosses always have a go at me if I'm off and frown upon any time I spend away from my work. So, with that in mind, I went in. 

Tuesday morning, I got up as if to go to work and just before I left the house I had an asthma attack. Thankfully, my girlfriend was home at the time and she helped calm me down and get me breathing better. I was struggling so stayed home from work. Yesterday, I did the same. Got up, not feeling good with my breathing so stayed home but, when I coughed I noticed a sharp pain in my side. So, I took a covid test at home. It was positive. My girlfriend and son took one and theirs was negative. I took another two and they were positive. I booked a PCR test and did that yesterday. Today, they've text me to tell me I have Covid. 

I previously had Covid in March of 2020 and was really poorly. I've since been double-vaccinated and have to say that this time just seems like a bit of a bad cold. Symptoms are completely different to last time. The difference is remarkable really and for that reason I can strongly advise anyone who hasn't been vaccinated to do yourselves a favour and get it done as it clearly does work. 

Twice? Crap luck mate - get lots of rest and well soon. I'm starting to think the tests aren't at all very reliable - our eldest had classic symptoms, and has continuously tested negative on PCR and LFT, yet her school has had a Covid explosion and all kids have the same distinct symptoms as her (high fever, fatigue) - I'm in no doubt that despite testing negative our kid has had it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Last Friday, I started coughing, developed a runny nose and a sore throat. My girlfriend and our son had exactly the same symptoms. We did Covid lft's at home and all were negative so we all went about our day as normal, son off to school and Mom and Dad off to work. 

Our symptoms are still the same now, today. However, I'm Asthmatic and my asthma wasn't great all weekend so I stayed home and did bugger all. On Monday morning I went to work. I told my boss that my asthma wasn't great and how I'd been etc so I would be unable to wear a mask as anything around my face when I'm feeling like that makes me worse. Now, I shouldn't have probably gone in if I'm being honest as I didn't feel well enough to but my bosses always have a go at me if I'm off and frown upon any time I spend away from my work. So, with that in mind, I went in. 

Tuesday morning, I got up as if to go to work and just before I left the house I had an asthma attack. Thankfully, my girlfriend was home at the time and she helped calm me down and get me breathing better. I was struggling so stayed home from work. Yesterday, I did the same. Got up, not feeling good with my breathing so stayed home but, when I coughed I noticed a sharp pain in my side. So, I took a covid test at home. It was positive. My girlfriend and son took one and theirs was negative. I took another two and they were positive. I booked a PCR test and did that yesterday. Today, they've text me to tell me I have Covid. 

I previously had Covid in March of 2020 and was really poorly. I've since been double-vaccinated and have to say that this time just seems like a bit of a bad cold. Symptoms are completely different to last time. The difference is remarkable really and for that reason I can strongly advise anyone who hasn't been vaccinated to do yourselves a favour and get it done as it clearly does work. 

Also, your first infection was likely the original version whereas you've now most likely got the Delta version which is altogether more nasty than the original version. 

I suspect the original infection plus 2 vaccines means your body is well prepared to fight it now. Hopefully this will be the same with boosters. If your body has encountered it 3 times it will surely provide better / longer protection.  It's going to be interesting to see how these boosters perform especially with vulnerable people. 

• Like 1

I’ve been saying it for over a year. LFT are cheap unreliable crap. Completely pointless. By the time they have detected you are positive it’s too late and you’ve probably infected others already. 

In England, between 2 January and 2 July 2021, there were 51,281 deaths involving coronavirus (COVID-19); 640 occurred in people who were fully vaccinated, which includes people who had been infected before they were vaccinated.

The risk of death involving COVID-19 was consistently lower for people who had received two vaccinations compared to one or no vaccination, as shown by the weekly age-standardised mortality rates (ASMRs) for deaths involving COVID-19.

"Breakthrough cases" are where infection has occurred in someone who is fully vaccinated, whereas we define a "breakthrough death" as a death involving COVID-19 that occurred in someone who had received both vaccine doses and had a first positive PCR test at least 14 days after the second vaccination dose; in total, there were 256 breakthrough deaths between 2 January and 2 July 2021.

61.1% of breakthrough deaths occurred in males, compared to 52.2% and 48.5% for other COVID-19 deaths and for non-COVID-19 deaths respectively; the median age of breakthrough deaths was 84, compared to 82 for other COVID-19 deaths and for non-COVID-19 deaths.

Of the 256 breakthrough deaths, only 59 were listed as 'Not clinically extremely vulnerable'

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/deathsinvolvingcovid19byvaccinationstatusengland/deathsoccurringbetween2januaryand2july2021

The figures give a compelling case to have the vaccine. I know the vaccines were introduced during H1 but the low number of deaths by vaccinated people since prove that its working

• Like 3

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58487683

Didnt get the vaccine, nearly died, regrets it. Rinse, repeat.

Stop being douches and get the **** vaccine.

I heard someone on the news today say “God gave me an immune system”. Well, every person in the history of the world who has ever died from a virus had an immune system as well and they’re dead. Thick **** word removed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jareth said:

Twice? Crap luck mate - get lots of rest and well soon. I'm starting to think the tests aren't at all very reliable - our eldest had classic symptoms, and has continuously tested negative on PCR and LFT, yet her school has had a Covid explosion and all kids have the same distinct symptoms as her (high fever, fatigue) - I'm in no doubt that despite testing negative our kid has had it. 

Cheers mate 👍

What you said about your daughter sounds so very similar to my son. Last year, he had all the symptoms I had but tested negative. Right now, he has the same symptoms as me, and a worse cough, yet tested negative. It makes no sense. 

• Like 1

Â