Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I dont get it ?!

If you dont want the vaccine....Dont get it

If your not vaccinated keep out of a store like the one above.

Why do these people feel that they are soooooo right that they have to force their views on others.FFS

Bloody tested positive today. 

It’s strange because I’ve been feeling unwell since about Tuesday, but didn’t take a test because my symptoms where basically a cold. All bunged up, running nose etc. Today I noticed a lack of taste eating my breakfast so took a test. 

I’m now feeling really guilty about not getting tested earlier in the week and going into work. But I really just thought it was cold. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Bloody tested positive today. 

It’s strange because I’ve been feeling unwell since about Tuesday, but didn’t take a test because my symptoms where basically a cold. All bunged up, running nose etc. Today I noticed a lack of taste eating my breakfast so took a test. 

I’m now feeling really guilty about not getting tested earlier in the week and going into work. But I really just thought it was cold. 

Good luck Bud.

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Good luck Bud.

Thanks mate. I’m double jabbed and whilst feeling tired and weak, I’m ok. To be honest I’m just feeling really bad about going into work, I honestly just thought it was cold. 

I’ve let my boss and colleagues know, hopefully they all get tested and come back negative, I’d be gutted if I thought I’d passed it onto others. Strangely, my Mrs has now done 2 tests and both have come back negative 

Edited by av1

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

Thanks mate. I’m double jabbed and whilst feeling tired and weak, I’m ok. To be honest I’m just feeling really bad about going into work, I honestly just thought it was cold. 

I’ve let my boss and colleagues know, hopefully they all get tested and come back negative, I’d be gutted if I thought I’d passed it onto others. Strangely, my Mrs has now done 2 tests and both have come back negative 

My wife and both children had it and i still managed to avoid it.

Hopefully it passes quickly for you mate.

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

Lesson to all, don't hesitate, just have a test.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Been back at the office now, 50% on/off and it's been kind of surreal. Felt like I was revisiting a previous life. It was only 1.5 years ago, but it feels like a lifetime ago. I'm also not as apprehensive as I once was. The vaccine efficacy has been remarkable. Numbers are actually going down despite schools being open for 3 weeks now and cases being 100% Delta variant. Even had some family over over the weekend. Feels nice to have some semblance of normality back, but it took a lot of sacrifice. Was more than happy enough to hunker down to reap the rewards later down the line. Even though things weren't smooth, and there's a very vocal contingent still holding things back, I can see light at the end of the tunnel finally.

You are right, it does feel like a different life pre-pandemic. I've been back into the office twice so far and it feels so alien. I'm far more productive at home but its nice to have the option of a change of scenery. Plus I get to use works toilet roll for a day ;) 

When I had a few days away last week, I must admit I didn't even think twice about covid. In village pubs, restaurants, chatting to people etc. No masks anywhere. Felt like a return to normality in a way. Was nice. I hope when we get out the other side of this, we don't just go back to how it was before. Hopefully this is the catalyst for a real change in the work-life balance. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

You are right, it does feel like a different life pre-pandemic. I've been back into the office twice so far and it feels so alien. I'm far more productive at home but its nice to have the option of a change of scenery. Plus I get to use works toilet roll for a day ;) 

When I had a few days away last week, I must admit I didn't even think twice about covid. In village pubs, restaurants, chatting to people etc. No masks anywhere. Felt like a return to normality in a way. Was nice. I hope when we get out the other side of this, we don't just go back to how it was before. Hopefully this is the catalyst for a real change in the work-life balance. 

Yeah I'm also more productive at home, and more flexible (Kenneth.gif). But it's nice to come into the office every now and again, if only to get out of the house and have some sort of routine again. I hope companies don't just try to get back to full-time just for the sake of it.

• Like 2

Has this type of thing been tested in the courts yet? Link

Nearly 600 United Airlines employees face being fired after failing to comply with the firm's Covid-19 vaccination policy.

The vast majority of its 67,000 US staff have supplied proof of vaccination, which was required by Monday.

"This was an incredibly difficult decision," its bosses said in a memo to employees.

The Chicago-based airline set out its Covid requirements for staff in August.

Its US employees had to upload proof of vaccination, or the first of two jabs, by the deadline on Monday.

The 593 workers who have refused a coronavirus vaccine and have not applied for an exemption on religious or medical grounds now face losing their jobs.

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

Has this type of thing been tested in the courts yet? Link

I imagine this is something that's much easier to enforce in the US than it is here. I doubt you'd be able to sack someone here for not getting the vaccine.

We got a company wide email the other day asking us to verify our employees'  "vaccination status"

It was quickly rescinded and we were told it was meant to be for US managers only (we're a US company).

Kind of indicates they're trying to enforce that kind of thing over there but can't do it here

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

You have a choice to not be vaccinated, companies have a choice to not employ you. 

You do. Dismissing people for not getting vaccinated seems a stretch in terms of employment contracts - I mean it's not in my contract that if the company tells me to get a vaccine I have to obey or be dismissed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

You do. Dismissing people for not getting vaccinated seems a stretch in terms of employment contracts - I mean it's not in my contract that if the company tells me to get a vaccine I have to obey or be dismissed.

Exactly. Employee rights are a lot stronger here than they are in the US. Pretty sure in the US you can get sacked with almost no justification.

It just can't happen here and I don't think a company would get away with dismissing someone for not having the vaccine

• Like 1

It'd be unlawful to ask at the point of recruitment as well.

Having said that workers in the UK have essentially no enforcable employee rights for the first 2 years, and an employer can get rid of you for basically any reason unless they're particularly dim and do so based on discriminatory reasons and are too stupid to have a guise of plausible deniability. 

Edited by Davkaus

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Should be different for health care services, you should be expected to be protecting your service users, part of the job. 

Will be other employers where things are different as well, eg the army require people to get jabs all the time, for obvious reasons.

That being said, I do wonder whether this United decision will stand up in court; I guess we'll see.

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Will be other employers where things are different as well, eg the army require people to get jabs all the time, for obvious reasons.

That being said, I do wonder whether this United decision will stand up in court; I guess we'll see.

Pretty sure it will, especially with the conservative bent in the courts. 

In other news, looks like South Africa may be coming off the red / amber list in the next couple of weeks, which would be great because my parents might then be around to see the birth of my next child (having already missed the first one because of covid).

The justification for keeping it on has been pathetically weak for quite a long time so I hope the newspaper reports are accurate.

• Like 2

Â