Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine this is something that's much easier to enforce in the US than it is here. I doubt you'd be able to sack someone here for not getting the vaccine.

We got a company wide email the other day asking us to verify our employees'  "vaccination status"

It was quickly rescinded and we were told it was meant to be for US managers only (we're a US company).

Kind of indicates they're trying to enforce that kind of thing over there but can't do it here

We had an email and had to confirm vaccination status. 

As you say, someone will test it in the courts. It might well be that you can’t be fired for refusing the jab (here at least). We may have a situation where employers have to try and accommodate it (a role where you work on your own, or with other unvaccinated people, or where theres no risk to others).

The Premier League has written to clubs informing them of plans to 'reward' teams who have the highest numbers of vaccinated players.

Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante was confirmed on Tuesday as the latest player to contract Covid, forcing him to miss his side's Champions League clash against Juventus on Wednesday night.

The Premier League are stepping up their efforts to ensure more players are fully vaccinated due to fears over a slow uptake.

The document read: 'According to the data we have, only seven clubs' squads are more than 50 per cent fully vaccinated, so we have a way to go.'

At least two Premier League sides have no more than six players vaccinated.

But Wolves, Brentford and Leeds have reported between 89 and 100 per cent vaccination levels and there is growing optimism that the figures at other clubs will increase in the coming weeks. The note continued: 'We are considering if and how best we can 'reward' those squads/players who are most Covid-compliant and who have opted to be vaccinated.

Christ, footballers really are thick, thick, words removed. Hope we aren't too bad, but honestly. Just a squad full of labotomised trained muscle some of those squads. Ban the non vaccinated from playing. **** em. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Christ, footballers really are thick, thick, words removed. Hope we aren't too bad, but honestly. Just a squad full of labotomised trained muscle some of those squads. Ban the non vaccinated from playing. **** em. 

It concerns me we’re not in the Wolves Brentford Leeds category. I wonder how different squad demographics are affecting it, does age play a factor too?

Coronavirus has finally found its way into my house (my eldest daughter had it 2 months ago but doesn't live with us). My 15 year old has taken 3 lat flow tests today and all positive, she had a PCR test yesterday with my wife as although lat flows coming back negative yesterday they both had some symptoms. They should get PCR results any time now. Me and my wife both showing negative on lat flows but I now also have some symptoms, feeling really tired, bit of a sore throat, just generally under the weather, so went and took a PCR test earlier this evening. I'd be surprised if me and my wife don't get it (we are both double jabbed) especially as we seem to have the same symptoms as my daughter. 

• Sad 1

I was chatting with a colleague in India earlier, got onto “what are you up to at the weekend”.

He said nothing as they are very much locked down and everything is closed. He said that they have to wear a mask whilst driving even if they are the only person in the car.

It puts the scotch egg being a meal into perspective :lol: 

Edited by Genie

11 hours ago, Genie said:

I was chatting with a colleague in India earlier, got onto “what are you up to at the weekend”.

He said nothing as they are very much locked down and everything is closed. He said that they have to wear a mask whilst driving even if they are the only person in the car.

It puts the scotch egg being a meal into perspective :lol: 

Covid is finally an interpretive art.

20 hours ago, Genie said:

He said that they have to wear a mask whilst driving even if they are the only person in the car.

Madness isn't it? Covid has turned some governments power mad. 

• Like 1

It's coming back lads.

My mother has it now, double jabbed luckily and just has bad flu type symptoms. Mrs has got the same symptoms now but showing negative at the moment, although I'm sure it will come positive over the next couple of days. Mother had symptoms Monday took tests all week finally showed positive on Friday.

Kids are spreading this new variant I reckon from school, has to be, my mother still wears a mask most places, but went to a kids football match last Sunday.

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's coming back lads.

My mother has it now, double jabbed luckily and just has bad flu type symptoms. Mrs has got the same symptoms now but showing negative at the moment, although I'm sure it will come positive over the next couple of days. Mother had symptoms Monday took tests all week finally showed positive on Friday.

Kids are spreading this new variant I reckon from school, has to be, my mother still wears a mask most places, but went to a kids football match last Sunday.

At least your mum is doing her best to protect others. 

The numbers have been a rather steady for the last week but down a little in the last couple of days (compared with the corresponding day the week before). 

I seem to remember reading somewhere that they predicted this phase would peak sometime in October before dying back down again. 

I'm certain it is kids spreading it and probably responsible for most recorded infections daily we are seeing. Maybe that's what they thought and after a couple of months of being back in the number of new victims in schools is finally falling.  You can bet that there are loads and loads who are totally asymptomatic.  I know there are currently 30 kids diagnosed at my kids school, so they've probably actually got 60 or 70 cases with those undiagnosed.  If that's been the same for the last 3 weeks that's going to be 300 or so kids, 400 by next week.  It's not going to take long to get to herd immunity in classes on that basis is it? 

In a moment of weakness recently I agreed to go to a corporate thing at the rugby at the end of the month. Charity dinner, then a full house at the Millenium.

I’m no fan of rugby, but I was caught off guard and thought I should show some willing and say yes.

Monday morning I’m telling them I’ve changed my mind and I’m not going. A rugby crowd at the end of October sounds like a very good place to catch it so I’d really rather not.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

In a moment of weakness recently I agreed to go to a corporate thing at the rugby at the end of the month. Charity dinner, then a full house at the Millenium.

I’m no fan of rugby, but I was caught off guard and thought I should show some willing and say yes.

Monday morning I’m telling them I’ve changed my mind and I’m not going. A rugby crowd at the end of October sounds like a very good place to catch it so I’d really rather not.

Yeah, I had a corporate invite to the Chelsea game and turned it down as I was worried about the tube and crowds. 

• Like 1

Â