Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

My 9 year old lad has tested positive. Caught from school, as they have 12 confirmed cases in his year group.  Confirmed cases started last week and just kept climbing. He’s now scared and thinks he’s done something wrong.  Can’t believe his year group and school are carrying on as normal?

My 6 year old daughter now has a cough so I am taking her for a test this morning. Not nice seeing both kids upset/crying.  We’ve been very fortunate as a family avoiding any COVID issues at all, but now this.  

It's difficult at that age, probably seems very scary for them having seen the wall to wall coverage over the last 18months and not really understanding lockdown etc.   All you can do is reassure them it's not their fault.

Hopefully at that age they shouldn't get too ill and I'm sure they will get over it soon.

Edited by sidcow
  • Thanks 1

Imagine they shut schools down for cold outbreaks.

The impact on kids' educations is much more than the effect of the virus on them. It's absurd how they're behaving.

**** 'deep clean' to prevent a virus that doesn't spread via surfaces. Give me **** strength.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Over here ) in WA and VIC ) people are demonstrating and rioting because they dont want the jab,FFS.

Sometimes I really have to fight back thoughts of wishing some people would catch this **** killer disease. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Imagine they shut schools down for cold outbreaks.

The impact on kids' educations is much more than the effect of the virus on them. It's absurd how they're behaving.

**** 'deep clean' to prevent a virus that doesn't spread via surfaces. Give me **** strength.

Although Covid is more serious, it’s not really so much in kids, and I’ve stated a few times lately to people that they don’t close schools for other outbreaks like colds etc. Enough is enough now. If people want their kids vaccinated then great. If not then what’s the problem? Schools should carry on as normal with some extra  common sense thrown in regarding precautions .

4 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Like our premier said If you dont want to work in a hospital dont get the jab..... simple

This conversation came up the other day at work and  one of the blokes said, yeah you can’t have your job in an hospital now if you don’t want the vaccine , but it was alright when the hospitals were riddled with Covid last year and they were being asked to work all the hours under the sun with inadequate protection against the virus. 

obviously we never had a vaccine then so it was what it was .

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, bickster said:

But these aren't doctors, nurses and general hospital workers rioting are they?

No,its nurses and cleaners and cafeteria staff etc.Here in WA it is now mandatory to be vaccinated to work in a hospital,age care and Quantas.Also other companies are thinking about making it mandatory in their companies.

20 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

This conversation came up the other day at work and  one of the blokes said, yeah you can’t have your job in an hospital now if you don’t want the vaccine , but it was alright when the hospitals were riddled with Covid last year and they were being asked to work all the hours under the sun with inadequate protection against the virus. 

obviously we never had a vaccine then so it was what it was .

Here in WA we didnt get the virus at all,and we still dont have it.The nearest we got to the virus was when it first started a cruise ship docked at Fremantle because 4 members of its crew had Covid and they died here.They are the only deaths we have had from the virus in WA.This is one of the reasons that WA is behind every other state in getting vaccinated,because some people think that because we dont have it,why get jabbed.They are not looking ahead to when we open our borders.

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Here in WA we didnt get the virus at all,and we still dont have it.The nearest we got to the virus was when it first started a cruise ship docked at Fremantle because 4 members of its crew had Covid and they died here.They are the only deaths we have had from the virus in WA.This is one of the reasons that WA is behind every other state in getting vaccinated,because some people think that because we dont have it,why get jabbed.They are not looking ahead to when we open our borders.

Yeah, completely different situation for you then . When are you opening up? 

Â