Generic Virus Thread

villakram

A few ‘firsts’ today. Taking the train, watching the football in a pub with old mates, going to a live game after with no capacity restrictions. 

Rain is absolutely p*ssing down, and if the Villa lose today without a fight, a very urgent sense of pre-covid normalcy will surely hit me. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Had the Pfizer booster yesterday. Feel so much worse today than I did after having the two AZ jabs earlier in the year. Glad it's done though.

Well,you have eased my mind.The wife and I have had 2 AZ jabs and I wondering if the doctor had made a mistake by givibg us 2 of the same but after reading your post it sounds like thats normal practice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Roll out of third booster jabs under way here.

My missus has hers middle of next week. 

Are you 6 months after the last jab? 

That's what they said but that would be 1st December for me. 

Anyone else had a situation where household all have covid but you have avoided it? My 15 year old daughter tested positive on Tuesday and up until that point me and my wife had been interacting with her as normal. Both me and my wife had some symptoms so had PCR tests on Wednesday both negative. Been taking lat flows since and my wife has tested positive today (done 3 lat flow tests) and has just been and had a PCR test. She has symptoms though so is almost certainly positive. I felt under the weather 3 or 4 days ago but feel okay now and am still testing negative (lat flows). Have been interacting with my wife as normal last few days. What are the chances of me not getting it?

Edited by markavfc40

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Are you 6 months after the last jab? 

That's what they said but that would be 1st December for me. 

She is, her second jab was back in February, so it’s actually just days over 8 months.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Anyone else had a situation where household all have covid but you have avoided it? My 15 year old daughter tested positive on Tuesday and up until that point me and my wife had been interacting with her as normal. Both me and my wife had some symptoms so had PCR tests on Wednesday both negative. Been taking lat flows since and my wife has tested positive today (done 3 lat flow tests) and has just been and had a PCR test. She has symptoms though so is almost certainly positive. I felt under the weather 3 or 4 days ago but feel okay now and am still testing negative (lat flows). Have been interacting with my wife as normal last few days. What are the chances of me not getting it?

My wife and both children had it in August and we isolated together for 10 days. I still didn’t catch it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Honestly think the tests are quite unreliable - having had a similar experience to what you outline - I'd say if you had similar symptoms to family members, at or near the same time, then you'd had it too in some shape or form. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Honestly think the tests are quite unreliable - having had a similar experience to what you outline - I'd say if you had similar symptoms to family members, at or near the same time, then you'd had it too in some shape or form. 

I felt fatigued Tuesday/Wednesday then been pretty much fine since. Daughter tested positive Wednesday so I had my PCR Wednesday and got result late Thursday. Been doing lat flows every day since Tuesday. My wife was feeling a bit rough Tuesday/Wednesday then fine (like me negative lat flows and PCR) but started feeling really ill late Friday and has tested positive today (3 lat flows) and is awaiting result of PCR she took this afternoon. If I have had it then I only had pretty mild symptoms for 2 days and have had about 6 negative lat flows and a negative PCR. 

27 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Thought I may have avoided getting it but done 3 lat flows this morning and all positive. Have a PCR booked for 11. 

Stay well, and the good news is you’ll pretty much be sure not to get it again for 3-6 months.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Stay well, and the good news is you’ll pretty much be sure not to get it again for 3-6 months.

Cheers mate. Yes and with international break should mean I will be able to go to the Wolves game 😀

Can anyone recommend day 2 PCR test suppliers please?

The government have said they will be scrapping them “before the end of October” but not the exact date (they’re good like that).

Were coming back on the 22nd so possibly before changes come into effect. I’ll wait as long as I can before ordering but wondered if anyone could recommend a cheap supplier of this pointless test?

Edited by Genie

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

The government have said they will be scrapping them “before the end of October” but not the exact date (they’re good like that).

Were coming back on the 22nd so possibly before changes come into effect. I’ll wait as long as I can before ordering but wondered if anyone could recommend a cheap supplier of this pointless test?

I went with Expresstest when arriving back from Gibraltar.  They have a drive-thru at Birmingham Airport or you can get the test kits sent to you. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

I used expert medicals mate a few weeks ago when we came back from Corfu. £28 each inc postage. Ordered a few days before we came home (just to make sure rules hadn't changed/no longer needed) received code needed to put on PLF form straight away, tests were waiting when we got home. Did tests and had results back within 3-4 days. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Just don’t get one and make up a number for the form

Â