Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Pretty much all metrics seem to be rising again.  Cases, deaths, in hospital admissions, in hospital, on ventilators.

I think we got a bit excited by the post Euro's dip and we're now seeing the effect of the re-opening.  I wonder how long it keeps going for before it dips again, it surely must start to run out of new victims soon.   

Could start to hit some big numbers again when the kids are back at school and we're migrating back indoors.

Edited by sidcow

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My nephew was told this as he was positive for ages.  You can test positive for weeks after you've recovered and are no longer longer contagious.  My daughters friend has also been told the same.

It’ll be fun trying to get schools to let them in if they continue to test positive. 
Luckily my wife and both children now testing negative.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Pretty much all metrics seem to be rising again.  Cases, deaths, in hospital admissions, in hospital, on ventilators.

I think we got a bit excited by the post Euro's dip and were now seeing the effect of the re-opening.  I wonder how long it keeps going for before it dips again, it surely must start to run out of new victims soon.   

Could start to hit some big numbers again when the kids are back at school and were migrating back indoors.

Schools start to go back next week (actually Scotland went back this week).

I think it’ll get worse before it gets better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Schools start to go back next week (actually Scotland went back this week).

I think it’ll get worse before it gets better.

I think we're at the stage now we just have to crack on and get back to normality.

Life seems pretty much normal now doesn't it? I put my mask on the at the supermarket today, but i'm starting to become the minority now. Thats rapidly changed in the last 10 days or so. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I think we're at the stage now we just have to crack on and get back to normality.

Life seems pretty much normal now doesn't it? I put my mask on the at the supermarket today, but i'm starting to become the minority now. Thats rapidly changed in the last 10 days or so. 

Yes i wear one myself but the majority dont and I see very few young people wearing them and wonder how many of them haven't even  been vaccinated. yes crack on, get the booster jab, then at some point it should level off but I think we could be in for a hard winter again. 

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

The Superhero complex is real. The amount of dumb people who think they have abnormally strong immunities from their upbringing alone, and that alone will always save them is crazy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Straight from the horses mouth

This is why we are now open as a country. Most adults, if they wanted, can be vaccinated if they choose to be.  If you choose not to be, on your own head be it. 

*I do however, sympathise, for people who can't have it for medical reasons.

• Like 2

Just watched that Contagion movie in full, never saw the end. Wow, closer than I thought to what we are/were going through, even started with a bat. 

I wonder if they will ever find the true cause, an investigation don't really seem priority, although I guess your getting nothing from the Chinese.

8 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

The Superhero complex is real. The amount of dumb people who think they have abnormally strong immunities from their upbringing alone, and that alone will always save them is crazy. 

My best mate wasn't going to get it. He's not anti vax, as in conspiracy believing but his reasoning was he never really gets ill and his immune system has always been good. He genuinely believed he didn't need it. 

He ended up getting it, as a lot of us pushed him and he knew he'd probably need the passport to do stuff in the future. 

Really surprised me. 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

My best mate wasn't going to get it. He's not anti vax, as in conspiracy believing but his reasoning was he never really gets ill and his immune system has always been good. He genuinely believed he didn't need it. 

He ended up getting it, as a lot of us pushed him and he knew he'd probably need the passport to do stuff in the future. 

Really surprised me. 

I suspect a lot of the vocal “no way” brigade will quietly slip off and get the jab. Many won’t also.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I suspect a lot of the vocal “no way” brigade will quietly slip off and get the jab. Many won’t also.

The numbers seem to be slightly increasing but that may be down to the 16 and 17 year olds entering the system. 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think when they realise they may not be allowed to go abroad and do things with their mates, that'll be what prompts them. 

• Like 1

There was a peaceful protest here in Perth today.People protesting about Covid 19 and wanting their freedom ?! FFS what freedom do they want ? We dont have Covid 19 here,we dont wear masks,you can go to various sporting events,nightclubs,movies,have as many people around for a BBQ or party,wedding etc etc.So,What more freedom do these people want.

There were some Free Boys ( or whatever its called ) those people that stormed the White house taking part in the protest.   

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Just watched that Contagion movie in full, never saw the end. Wow, closer than I thought to what we are/were going through, even started with a bat. 

I wonder if they will ever find the true cause, an investigation don't really seem priority, although I guess your getting nothing from the Chinese.

Matt Hancock even admitted that seeing the ending of that film and how the nation's fought over vaccine supplies panicked him into the huge order and partnership with AstraZeneca. I completely believe it happened like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Matt Hancock even admitted that seeing the ending of that film and how the nation's fought over vaccine supplies panicked him into the huge order and partnership with AstraZeneca. I completely believe it happened like that.

I hope he never sees any of the Marvel films, god knows what he'll do.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Thought he's been watching some other sort of movie to be fair, looking at his demise.😂

Â