it doesn't stop you contracting it

Yes it does

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

it doesn't stop you spreading it

Yes it does

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

it doesn't stop you becoming ill with it

Yes it does

There is increasing speculation that Scotland might reimpose some restrictions.  It wouldn't surprise me to see a circuit break of sorts across the UK later on in the year. 

Covid cases in Scotland have roughly doubled every week since restrictions eased, leading to an increase in hospital admissions.

More than 500 people with Covid-19 are in hospital and case numbers hit a record high at the weekend.

According to the latest WHO figures, Lanarkshire and Glasgow's health board areas had Europe's highest case rates.

National clinical director Prof Jason Leitch said the NHS was stretched and elective surgeries could be delayed.

Scotland wanted "to get on top" of the virus and may need a "reverse gear" on some restrictions, he told the BBC.

BBC

6 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Yes it does

Yes it does

Yes it does

But, it doesn't. gov.uk website.

"However, even if you have been fully vaccinated, you could still get COVID-19 and pass it on to others"

I’ve started working with someone new. He’s 24 and thinks it’s all a scam. He won’t get vaccinated himself and says he doesn’t need to, because he’s got an healthy immune system and he’s young. He doesn’t take any precautions. We don’t talk about it much, but he’s always been a bit silly when it comes to stuff like that. He once said you shouldn’t get treatment if you have cancer. 

4 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

But, it doesn't. gov.uk website.

"However, even if you have been fully vaccinated, you could still get COVID-19 and pass it on to others"

You could, but the chances are vastly reduced. Therefore it does stop all of those 3 things you said. Not a 100% stop but it still stops it.

A coat stops you from getting cold. But of course you wouldn't wear one at any time because you'd be worried about it not stopping you getting hypothermia at -50.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Does anyone think kids should be vaccinated ? I’m not sure what I think regarding that. 

Do kids get vaccinated for anything else?

But then a parent or guardian is making their decision for them, which is against their rights about what goes in their body. So we should stop feeding kids too.

Has there ever been a vaccine that has resulted in long term effects?  I know there was the debunked link to autism for the MMR jab from what I remember but can't recall anything real.  I'm getting to the point where I think the jab and eventually boosters should be mandatory but I guess you can't really do that.  Probably the best thing to do is make it as difficult to function in society without having had one.

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Hearing more and more about double jabbed people who are becoming seriously ill with it.

My double jabbed mate, who caught Covid from his 16yr old daughter following Boardmasters is still in hospital and now experiencing difficulty breathing… 😢

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Does anyone think kids should be vaccinated ? I’m not sure what I think regarding that. 

When our children are born and when they are sick we put our trust in doctors and scientists to tell us what the best thing to do is. 
If they say it’s safe then I trust them. It’ll be based on testing and data, not a hunch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

My double jabbed mate, who caught Covid from his 16yr old daughter following Boardmasters is still in hospital and now experiencing difficulty breathing… 😢

Sorry to hear that, hopefully he improves soon.

My Dad still has a bad cough, he got a call from the contact tracers saying he can come out of isolation but he doesn't feel quite ready.  He has asthma so I'm hoping the coughing clears up and isn't a long term thing.  It's just weird that nobody else seems to have caught it off him, including his wife, as we did meet up just before he had the positive Test.  I guess it's a snapshot of what the vaccine is all about, it worked for all of us and stopped us contracting it, my Dad was an unlucky one where he picked it up anyway but he would be in the group of people that could have really suffered badly (72 years old, asthma, diabetes, slightly overweight though is in the best shape I've ever known him) so the vaccine probably helped him out there.  It's then up to people to decide what they want to focus on with the jab, the people where it worked or the fact that a double-jabbed person can get it anyway so what's the point.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Sorry to hear that, hopefully he improves soon.

My Dad still has a bad cough, he got a call from the contact tracers saying he can come out of isolation but he doesn't feel quite ready.  He has asthma so I'm hoping the coughing clears up and isn't a long term thing.  It's just weird that nobody else seems to have caught it off him, including his wife, as we did meet up just before he had the positive Test.  I guess it's a snapshot of what the vaccine is all about, it worked for all of us and stopped us contracting it, my Dad was an unlucky one where he picked it up anyway but he would be in the group of people that could have really suffered badly (72 years old, asthma, diabetes, slightly overweight though is in the best shape I've ever known him) so the vaccine probably helped him out there.  It's then up to people to decide what they want to focus on with the jab, the people where it worked or the fact that a double-jabbed person can get it anyway so what's the point.

Thanks pal - hope your Dad gets back to full health and regains confidence to meet up with others soon 

I’d rather be jabbed than not! 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You've got about as much chance of dying from the vaccine as you have of dying from Elvis riding on top of a UFO driven by the loch ness monster crashing into your face.

It's why I never leave the house without a motorcycle helmet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

It works in what regard? Because it doesn't stop you contracting it, spreading it, or becoming ill with it. Sure it might lower the percentage, but to me that's not enough to warrant getting it - especially as there is no way of knowing if there will be any long terms effects from having the vaccine yet.

If, after 5 years, all of the data comes out that its safe, side effects are clear and it is proven to give 100% immunisation to it - then by all means I'll have it.

Sorry, but that a completely mental way of looking at it. I mean really bonkers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

The number of people/sceptics dying with their last words being “I wish I’d had the vaccine” is surely making it a bit obvious to people who haven’t had the vaccine isn’t it?

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Has there ever been a vaccine that has resulted in long term effects?  I know there was the debunked link to autism for the MMR jab from what I remember but can't recall anything real.  I'm getting to the point where I think the jab and eventually boosters should be mandatory but I guess you can't really do that.  Probably the best thing to do is make it as difficult to function in society without having had one.

That whole **** debacle has a lot to blame for this nonsense.  Despite being repeatedly being proven nonsense, and the original doctor who started it all being shown as a total nutcase (he now is a big voice in the American anti vax movement) the bullshit over vaccines harming you still persist to this day. 

• Like 1

Basically at this point not getting the vaccine is like boarding a very ancient, rickety looking aircraft which hasn't been serviced in years, but refusing a parachute offered to you upon boarding because your worried that when the airplane starts plummeting at the ground your chute might not open and the weight of it might hurt your back if the plane doesn't crash. 

Â