Generic Virus Thread

villakram

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

The wife and I both have mild cold-like symptoms. We all just did more lateral flow tests, hers is positive this time (she’s double jabbed with AZ).

Mine still showing negative (double jabbed Pfizer).

PCR tests arriving today which we’ll do and return straight away.

That’s not good, sorry to hear that. It’s quite a shock when it happens, especially when you can be forgiven for feeling like the pandemic is almost over. I hope you all recover well, and that the worst you have to face is staying in for 10 days. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

My sister and her wife to be are getting married on Wednesday.

They went to get their nails done on Saturday. They asked the woman at the door if they needed to wear a mask (the nail woman was) and she said "Technically no if you don't want to" and so they didn't.

It really annoyed me. I know masks are for other people's benefit and not yours, so I guess in theory it doesn't affect the chances of them getting it.

But I just thought less than a week before your wedding, getting covid now would be catastrophic for their plans. Surely you'd be taking every precaution possible?!

I got irrationally angry about it :D 

I don't think that's irrational anger.  I'd have been encouraging them to just dangle their digits through the letterbox.*

*In before williams.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d have hoped to see a drop off in cases by now, it doesn’t seem to want to drop sub 20,000. Deaths are being a little stubborn too. We seem to be averaging 25-30k cases and 50-100 deaths a day. Wonder when it will drop or is this the baseline for the foreseeable?

37 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’d have hoped to see a drop off in cases by now, it doesn’t seem to want to drop sub 20,000. Deaths are being a little stubborn too. We seem to be averaging 25-30k cases and 50-100 deaths a day. Wonder when it will drop or is this the baseline for the foreseeable?

I think cases are back on the rise again, despite testing continuing to drop away.

Deaths will start to drop, I think sort of lagging from the drop off in hospitalisations. But now cases are going back up, I guess we'll see hospitalisations go back up again in a week or two.

fungus.PNG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

My sister and her wife to be are getting married on Wednesday.

They went to get their nails done on Saturday. They asked the woman at the door if they needed to wear a mask (the nail woman was) and she said "Technically no if you don't want to" and so they didn't.

It really annoyed me. I know masks are for other people's benefit and not yours, so I guess in theory it doesn't affect the chances of them getting it.

But I just thought less than a week before your wedding, getting covid now would be catastrophic for their plans. Surely you'd be taking every precaution possible?!

I got irrationally angry about it :D 

It's easily done. At  gathering last week, my.brothers friend and his fiancee announced they had to cancel their wedding with 2 days notice because someone got pinged! They managed to 're arrange later this month and it was only a very small attendance list anyway, but Christ, yeah just tell to stop being INSANE. Thanks :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Genie said:

The wife has really gone downhill today. Her temperature has shot up and she’s aching all over. She’s been in bed all day.

If this is the mild cos she’s double jabbed flavour I’d hate to be on the receiving end of the full fat version!

Fingers crossed it eases tomorrow.

How is she Genie?

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sorry to hear that @Genie. Hopefully you all stage a speedy recovery, we'll be thinking of you 👍

Cheers mate, her temp was over 39 last night and she feels very weak. Hopefully it comes down a bit today. 
I’m intrigued to see the PCR results, hopefully they come in later today.

The lateral flow tests:
My lad is now 100% ok but was positive on Sunday (after complaining of a headache).

Daughter has been fine all along, and 2 negative lateral flow tests.

Wife negative Sunday, but positive yesterday.

I was negative both days, but I do have a sore throat and slight tummy ache.

Let’s see what the PCR tests say. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

How is she Genie?

She’s still in bed, I’m working in the spare room. I’ve not gauged her health yet other than asking if she was ok as I left the room and she said yes.

• Like 1

PCR results have followed the lateral flow.

Son (had headache at the weekend but absolutely fine now): Positive

Daughter: No symptoms: Negative

Wife (double jabbed AZ): Feeling quite ill, hot, shortness of breathe and energy: Positive 

Me (double jabbed Pfizer): Negative

• Sad 4

7 hours ago, Genie said:

PCR results have followed the lateral flow.

Son (had headache at the weekend but absolutely fine now): Positive

Daughter: No symptoms: Negative

Wife (double jabbed AZ): Feeling quite ill, hot, shortness of breathe and energy: Positive 

Me (double jabbed Pfizer): Negative

Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RussG said:

Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery.

Cheers mate, the high temperature was a bit scary but that seems to have passed now.

She has a shortness of breath / lack of energy at the moment and symptoms of a heavy cold (snotty, blocked nose, aches). She’s also lost her sense of taste. 

Yesterday was very different to the day before so hopefully today is another step change. 
The hard part now is stopping myself and daughter catching the tail end of wife and sons infections otherwise we get a double length isolation which would really piss me off.

The boy is absolutely fine, he’s been playing football in the garden without a problem. You can see how it goes around schools so easily undetected. 

• Like 3

Â