Generic Virus Thread

villakram

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My wife and daughter are slowly ditching the mask and they have said they aren’t wearing it at all when we go on holiday. Nothing has changed for me. 

I arrived within every intention of wearing a mask in shops, arcades, on my way to the table in restaurants etc but realised quickly I’d be the only one doing it.

You might find yourself in the same scenario and think **** it (especially after a couple of pints). I’ve been jabbed, let’s have a few days of oldskool normality.

We’re heading home tomorrow morning and I’m pleasantly surprised we all seem to have dodged any germs. 

This was the bar last night. 

200-ADD24-1-E88-428-F-B417-659-C62-A0700

• Like 3

People really need to readjust their opinions on non mask wearers, we’ve spent 18 months thinking people are ignorant, selfish etc for not wearing them, that’s not the case anymore and people are perfectly entitled to ditch them at this point. 

If people still aren’t comfortable in those scenarios you just have to remove yourself from those situations, it can’t continue to be forced on everybody otherwise we’ll never take them off.

• Like 3

Right, so can someone just confirm for me... if you're fully vaccinated does that mean you can still catch COVID but won't really show symptoms/get ill from it?

Reason I ask is, I'm heading to a music festival at the end of the month (100k+ people). To gain entry you either have to show proof of being fully vaccinated or do a lateral flow test if you're not. Now, if I'm fully vaccinated but I have COVID (without realising it) and pass it to some poor bugger next to me who isn't, they're potentially gonna feel the full force of it. Is that right?

I'm sure this is the case with most large gatherings/holidays etc and from a selfish point of view, I'm glad I can enjoy my festival but if I wasn't vaccinated (why I don't know) **** would I be going to large events till I was.

Edited by MCU
  • Like 1

Just now, MCU said:

Right, so can someone just confirm for me... if you're fully vaccinated does that mean you can still catch COVID but won't really show symptoms/get ill from it?

You can still catch it, but you’re less likely to.

If you catch it you’re less likely to get seriously ill. 

Thats my understanding.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MCU said:

Reason I ask is, I'm heading to a music festival at the end of the month (100k+ people). To gain entry you either have to show proof of being fully vaccinated or do a lateral flow test if you're not. Now, if I'm fully vaccinated but I have COVID (without realising it) and pass it to some poor bugger next to me who isn't, they're potentially gonna feel the full force of it. Is that right?

I'm sure this is the case with most large gatherings/holidays etc and from a selfish point of view, I'm glad I can enjoy my festival but if I wasn't vaccinated (why I don't know) **** would I be going to large events till I was.

Less likely to catch it and less likely to be  seriously ill or transmit it if you do. Go and hug some strangers and have a little mosh!

• Like 1

Probably belongs to the holidays thread, but my paper copy of the vaccination certificate turned up today (just in case).  I'm off to Gibraltar in 2 weeks :D .

Really easy to request through the NHS website and takes about 5 days. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

I’ve had a bit of a cold most of the week that’s now turned into a tight chest and wheezing. Being away on holiday I’ve been in close proximity to more people than I usually would. Could be anxiety/stress  as I do suffer with that. Will do a test when I return home tomorrow .

On 04/08/2021 at 23:20, Nicho said:

After a couple of stags, weddings and now double jabbed feeling invisible.

A lad I used to work with who was 34 died this week. No existing, unknown if jabbed. 

The cousin of my brother in law was a vocal anti vaxxer and refused to get jabbed.  His wife a teacher had both. He's 37.  They both caught it.  She had a heavy cold type event, he's in intensive care and fading.  He told his father that not getting the vaccine was the biggest mistake of his life.  He's right on the edge so he is probably right.  Keen jogger and squash player, no known previous medical conditions. 

• Sad 4

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The cousin of my brother in law was a vocal anti vaxxer and refused to get jabbed.  His wife a teacher had both. He's 37.  They both caught it.  She had a heavy cold type event, he's in intensive care and fading.  He told his father that not getting the vaccine was the biggest mistake of his life.  He's right on the edge so he is probably right.  Keen jogger and squash player, no known previous medical conditions. 

Ffs, fingers crossed he pulls through but it doesn’t sound too good. “Wish I had the vaccine “ seems a common saying from people seriously ill in hospital 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Ffs, fingers crossed he pulls through but it doesn’t sound too good. “Wish I had the vaccine “ seems a common saying from people seriously ill in hospital 

Yeah, I work in insurance and most people think it's shit and a waste of time till they are called to their premises in the middle of the night and its a smoking ruin.  Then suddenly it's the most important thing in the world and they wonder why they didn't give a bit more consideration to their sum insured and hadn't been so set on getting it as cheap as they possibly could. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Yeah, I work in insurance and most people think it's shit and a waste of time till they are called to their premises in the middle of the night and its a smoking ruin.  Then suddenly it's the most important thing in the world and they wonder why they didn't give a bit more consideration to their sum insured and hadn't been so set on getting it as cheap as they possibly could. 

You’ve got to ask yourself would I be more pissed off if....

1. You pay insurance monthly and nothing ever happens 

2. You don’t pay insurance and lose the lot 

No brainer really isn’t it. Same with this virus. Ok, I’m not keen on a vaccine every year , but I’ll take the chance that it may save my life one day . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Oh yeah, you know that EU certificate that took months for the government to put a system into place so that they could accept it as equal in status to NHS jabs? Well this was my experience at the UK border today:

”Have you been vaccinated?”

”Yes.”

”Have a nice day.”

#KeepingOurBordersSafe

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've been feeling tired, nauseous and anxious all week, breaking out into cold sweats and generally feeling an impending sense of doom. 

Its not Covid, I've just spent a long time in On-Topic

Talk of Eastenders earlier I was totally immersed in the Soap Opera of the Grealish thread. 

Thank god I'm in a slightly quieter time at work right now because my productivity has fallen off a cliff. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Talk of Eastenders earlier I was totally immersed in the Soap Opera of the Grealish thread. 

Thank god I'm in a slightly quieter time at work right now because my productivity has fallen off a cliff. 

Crazy week. I think it was last Friday night, news of the bid came in. The last 7 days have been a rollercoaster! 

Exhausted!

We thought we’d got away with our week away in the land Covid forgot, but, alas, not.

The boy was a bit achey yesterday which was cured by calpol. This morning he said he had a headache too so we did a lateral flow test “just to be sure” and it’s positive. It’s extra shit as it’s his birthday tomorrow 😢.

Me, my wife and daughter all did negative tests but now requested PCR tests are posted out.

• Sad 4

On 08/08/2021 at 11:05, Genie said:

We thought we’d got away with our week away in the land Covid forgot, but, alas, not.

The boy was a bit achey yesterday which was cured by calpol. This morning he said he had a headache too so we did a lateral flow test “just to be sure” and it’s positive. It’s extra shit as it’s his birthday tomorrow 😢.

Me, my wife and daughter all did negative tests but now requested PCR tests are posted out.

The wife and I both have mild cold-like symptoms. We all just did more lateral flow tests, hers is positive this time (she’s double jabbed with AZ).

Mine still showing negative (double jabbed Pfizer).

PCR tests arriving today which we’ll do and return straight away.

Â