Generic Virus Thread

villakram

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

decided against the jab after reading material on social media.

How often are we going to hear this.  It's just so stupid and so sad. 

It’s a major problem that is probably costing thousands of lives around the world.

• Like 1

I went to get a haircut yesterday and the woman who barbers one of the seats had been substituted for a bloke from their other shop in the village.

I didn't ask but it was just part of the conversation. She was totally anti-vax, refused to have it, full on microchips bollocks

She went to Spain on holiday a couple of weeks ago, then tested positive before getting on the return flight. Now having to quarantine in Spain until she's clear. I think she's OK, not on deaths door or anything but still...

As the other regular barber said, "She's a bit thick, believes everything on facebook"

• Like 4

The other interesting quote from the story I linked on the previous page 

“His long-term partner Amanda Mitchell, 56, who was severely ill with the virus at the time, said he believed the vaccines were too “experimental” and put his family at risk”

So she hasn’t had it because he was so against it and she became severely ill. The man who thought the vaccine put his family at risk got himself killed and almost his wife too. What a pillock. 

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Did the hairdresser put the prices up @bickster? They’ve been taking the piss by me for price increases.

Strange way to take payment 😬 Seriously though my barber was saying that so many wives had got pretty decent at cutting hair during the pandemic that people just do it at home for free so their business is down.  I don't mind paying an extra 5 quid or so tbh.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Strange way to take payment 😬 Seriously though my barber was saying that so many wives had got pretty decent at cutting hair during the pandemic that people just do it at home for free so their business is down.  I don't mind paying an extra 5 quid or so tbh.

I've not been back to the barber.  Mrs Sidcow had the clippers on me only this morning.

Trying to get her to cut my hair too soon 😂😂

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Definitely. Was £9 before pandemic, now £11

Was £9 pre pandemic. Price has gone up and up since “for PPE” which is long gone but the price has not. £14 last time I went. 

52 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm calling bull on that too. I always have to wait, sometimes its as low as barbering premium which is one in the chair and one waiting but they are not short of work. If they've got a shortage its because they are charging too much

• Like 1

They’ve always been as busy whenever I’ve been. As Bicks says, they are gonna push customers away with the price hikes in the name of non existent PPE (and dot even get me started on the fact they are still cash only).

Edited by Genie

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My wife's done 3 home tests now, all 3 are strong line on the test faint line on the control 

The t line goes strong colour straight away the c line needs the 15 mins to go faint

Does this mean positive or invalid? 

If there's anything on the C line then it's positive I think

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My wife's done 3 home tests now, all 3 are strong line on the test faint line on the control 

The t line goes strong colour straight away the c line needs the 15 mins to go faint

Does this mean positive or invalid? 

Any 2 lines equals positive.

We had similar. Wife and Son would go positive immediately on the test.

Daughters positive line wouldn’t appear until the strip had fully dried. 

6 hours ago, darrenm said:

If there's anything on the C line then it's positive I think

No, C means Control. If there’s anything on the C line it means the test works.

T means Test. Anything on the T line, providing there is a line on the C, means positive.

edit; I definitely misjudged what you were actually saying, but to me it read like you were saying anything on the C means it’s positive regardless of what it says on the T which is incorrect so I’ll leave the clarification up!

Edited by a m ole

9 hours ago, a m ole said:

No, C means Control. If there’s anything on the C line it means the test works.

T means Test. Anything on the T line, providing there is a line on the C, means positive.

edit; I definitely misjudged what you were actually saying, but to me it read like you were saying anything on the C means it’s positive regardless of what it says on the T which is incorrect so I’ll leave the clarification up!

Yeah I got it backwards. You're right it's that way round.

• Thanks 1

Â