Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

What good luck that Johnson, Gove and Sunak were randomly selected to be in this trial.

All pings are equal, but some pings are more equal than others. 

• Like 1

There’s 3 lads down our workplace that have Covid . Two of them are going back into work today even though they haven’t done their full isolation period, and the one of them his missus has Covid. What chance have we got ?

• Shocked 1

50 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There’s 3 lads down our workplace that have Covid . Two of them are going back into work today even though they haven’t done their full isolation period, and the one of them his missus has Covid. What chance have we got ?

Oh, it’ll spread like absolute wildfire now. A lot of people will see today as “the end”.

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Oh, it’ll spread like absolute wildfire now. A lot of people will see today as “the end”.

I had my haircut on Saturday, both hairdressers had already ditched the masks. 

Just for giggles I sometimes put on Fox News to see what goes on in Loonville. Yesterday there was a segment with the nuttiest of them all, Tucker Carlsson spreading conspiracy theories about the vaccine. I then flipped over to CNN, and they're reporting that 99% of the people hospitalised with covid in the US atm are unvaccinated. It's frightening that no one actually takes action against fox and newsmax for being this insane, it litterally kills people...

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Unironically, they should have paid Trump whatever he wanted to do lots of pro-vaccine ads. Maybe they should be calling it 'the Trump vaccine' as well.

I'm loving how the newsmax douche is saying that it is "evolution" if people die that are unvaccinated. It's like he doesn't understand the irony that covid is now killing like 80% old, white republican men.. He'll have no base to talk to soon.

inexplicably even in wales a pub here - according to a colleague who visited it at the weekend, had signs up on the windows parading itself as a safe space and that masks weren't necessary. Which at the very least wouldn't be legal until the 7th August I think, but the staff were regularly telling guests not to bother with masks. 

Oh dear 😕 

51 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

8CDC4190-9D01-4541-A373-936EB9968DB9.jpeg

A reminder that Johnson is on the record as saying that the mayor from Jaws is his political hero.

Story from 2011

The London Mayor told journalists at the Press Gallery lunch today that his political hero is Mayor Larry Vaughn, who prevents Chief Martin Brody from closing the beach after the initial shark attack.

"He kept the beaches open," Mr Johnson explained.

"I don't know what happened to his political career thereafter, but he did the right thing."

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Between "let the bodies pile high" and the Jaws mayor, it really is a shame that Boris felt forced to cancel today's "churchillian" freedumb day speech.

"Covid will fight us on the beaches..."

Â