Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Johnson telling us healthcare workers that we shouldn’t isolate while he himself is isolating. **** word removed. 

I hold him partly accountable for each and every COVID death this country has had. He should be in prison. Just think if millions of bellends hadn’t voted for him we wouldn’t be in this **** mess. They should rename the Delta variant the Johnson variant, a fitting legacy for the bastard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Johnson telling us healthcare workers that we shouldn’t isolate while he himself is isolating. **** word removed. 

I hold him partly accountable for each and every COVID death this country has had. He should be in prison. Just think if millions of bellends hadn’t voted for him we wouldn’t be in this **** mess. They should rename the Delta variant the Johnson variant, a fitting legacy for the bastard. 

I’m not convinced the opposition would have made much sense of the situation either.  We would certainly be in this mess either way. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

I went into Sports Direct earlier for a couple of T-shirts, pretty much everybody wearing masks. 

I'd wear a mask going there, even in pre Covid times ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

How anyone can say another government could have handled this as bad as these morons I have no idea but it’s all anyone says when people criticise them. It’s maddening. From the start in early 2020 to now it’s been criminal negligence with the dithering about important decisions and ignoring the obvious. If even Mays or Cameron’s government were still in power I reckon the deaths would have been at least 25% less. 

I wouldn’t have faith myself personally. I’m totally with you that certain things, quite easy decisions should have been made to lessen the deaths and infection rates we had. The frustrating thing is, we knew what was coming our way, and reacting far too slow . Mixed messages from day one. I think most of the public have been great and patient . 

Still not a great stat. 40% in hospital have a level of vaccination, but doesn’t say if 1 dose or 2, and if 2 how long since second.

It feels like the government are being deliberately vague.

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Double vaccinated, unvaccinated, whatever. Easy mistake for the government's chief scientific advisor to make. 

I think this is really unfair. He's up there often, is responding to questions on the fly, and gives the best information he can, from memory. He's been doing this for about 15 months now and it's not like it's a regular occurance. Speak in public enough, taking questions, and no matter how prepared you are sooner or later there's going to be the odd gaff. 

He's done the sensible thing which would be absolutely unthinkable to a politician; publicly held his hands up, admitted his mistake, and provided the correct information.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Genie said:

I went into Sports Direct earlier for a couple of T-shirts, pretty much everybody wearing masks. 

Thoughts and prayers. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, darrenm said:

That doesn't make sense. The efficacy of the vaccine for even delta is >90% and for AZ, the 12 week booster gap was shown to be most effective.

Where's that figure from? 

44 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Well played @darrenm. Well played sir. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think this is really unfair. He's up there often, is responding to questions on the fly, and gives the best information he can, from memory. He's been doing this for about 15 months now and it's not like it's a regular occurance. Speak in public enough, taking questions, and no matter how prepared you are sooner or later there's going to be the odd gaff. 

He's done the sensible thing which would be absolutely unthinkable to a politician; publicly held his hands up, admitted his mistake, and provided the correct information.

He's doing his best, bless him. 

30 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

“Boris has a hard job”

“Nobody could have done any better”

”Corbyn would have been worse”

“Boris had it nobody knows about this more than him”

Get ****.

If we hadn't got Johnson they'd have built New Auschwitz outside Milton Keynes by now. 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

What’s wrong with Sports Direct?

Needed a couple of casual t’s, why not go to Sports Direct?

It was only meant as a silly joke, but for a start off you're feeding Mike Ashley.  That's as good a reason as any. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He's doing his best, bless him. 

This, but unironically :) Obviously the best outcome is if he doesn't **** up, but given to err is human, taking it head on and publishing the correct information is the best he can do in the circumstances.

Castigating people who make an honest mistake then correct the record (within hours) does nothing but encourage people to hide their mistakes.

If it was a pattern of mistakes, then it would suggest he's not the right person for the job and that's a very different conversation about serial errors, but I don't think it is.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It was only meant as a silly joke, but for a start off you're feeding Mike Ashley.  That's as good a reason as any. 

Yeah, fair point. Unfortunately despite the retail park in Tamworth growing and growing and growing, there’s only 1 sports shop. 

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

What’s wrong with Sports Direct?

Needed a couple of casual t’s, why not go to Sports Direct?

You can't have a casual tea from a Sports Direct mug, it takes days of commitment and dedication to finish.

• Like 2

Â