Generic Virus Thread

villakram

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well what a shock. 

That should bump him up a few points in the polls. His **** idiot supporters do seem to love shit like this. 

Poor Boris, keeps getting let down by his team. +2 pts.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

“Pilot Scheme” shockingly. It’s frustrating that they are so blatant as to the “one rule for them, another for everyone else” yet it doesn’t matter. 

• Like 1

So I, travelling from a country where Covid is currently practically non-existent, have to self isolate for 10 days upon arrival into the UK, where the virus is currently rife, even though I wouldn’t if I’d had the same vaccine administered by the NHS, whereas the PM and a government minister who have been in direct contact with another who has tested positive don’t. Just absolutely **** off.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Adam Wagner predicts the future...

I predicted it first :lol:

16 hours ago, Genie said:

Maybe a pilot scheme is incoming where they don’t need to isolate (like the one created for Gove a few weeks ago).

• Like 3

Here's a few observations of the news and real life experiences

1) Sajid Javed was showing symptoms, yet he had a lateral flow test and not a PCR test, why is that? I suspect it's because PCR tests are currently in very short supply and people are having to wait up to four days to get one. This appears to be either being missed by journalists or deliberately not mentioned

2) A colleague is currently self isolating because his child has it from school. He's double jabbed plus weeks, he's actually had Covid too, has had a lateral flow test every day, always negative. but asked about the "pilot scheme" and was told it currently takes 7 days to be accepted. And given point 1m utterly pointless. Pilot Scheme my arse

3) A Customer phoned us yesterday to say she'd tested positive, she also told us she was trying to tell T&T but she got told "They were busy and to try back in an hour"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I'd be fine with the idea that the PM and chancellor get bumped to the top of a list if they would just say "no of course we haven't waited in the queue, we've got a **** country to run" instead of pretending they're treated just like us.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think I'd be fine with the idea that the PM and chancellor get bumped to the top of a list if they would just say "no of course we haven't waited in the queue, we've got a **** country to run" instead of pretending they're treated just like us.

I thought the same, but I also thought that if you have a group of key workers who don’t have to isolate, then the risk is spreading it to their key worker colleagues could lead to potential mass outbreaks amongst crucial parts of the guvmint shirkforce, sorry, workforce 

Despite this u-turn I think I might try the Dublin route after all. Otherwise I have to spend a week at my parents’ house, pay £150 for tests, and still risk missing the wedding if I test positive on day 5, which is more likely to happen the longer I spend in the UK.

Edited by fightoffyour

Â