Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I went to several shops this morning including a big Tesco and everyone still had masks on, maybe with a one or two exceptions.

Has anyone seen anything different? 

Aldi the same although noticeably more people than usual. 

I’ll be wearing my mask indoors for quite a while I think. 

Also after a stag in Manchester last weekend the only lads to have got Covid since are the ones with kids. 

Edited by Nicho

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Some girl in my daughters class has tested positive on one of those home kits, so she’s been sent home as well as the rest of the class. That’s her done until after the 6 weeks holidays. Bit crap for them as they had a fun last few days at school planned. 

My lad got sent home early last week after ‘contact’ with a case. Was told he could return for the last two days of school, if he tested negative 24 hours before. 

Routinely tested him on Friday - negative. 

Tested him this morning - positive.

Now we’ve all got to isolate. 

F**k off. 

• Sad 3

13 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Anti Lockdown protestors on the day lockdown ends?  Seriously, what are these absolute **** nuggets even protesting about?

Plenty of Gammon on show there. Haven’t they got jobs to go to? 

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Plenty of Gammon on show there. Haven’t they got jobs to go to? 

The fella wearing the braces, what a complete knobber. Thinks he's so 'ard.

• Like 3

It's throbber logic isn't it.

These are basically the same people that harp on about the leniency on so called 'Muslim grooming gangs'.  Once a groomer is facing trial they then turn up at the court to protest (erm, what are you protesting? They're arrested and in court) and risk the whole trial being thrown out.

24 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Anti Lockdown protestors on the day lockdown ends?  Seriously, what are these absolute **** nuggets even protesting about?

What’s a bunch of clowns. Surely sitting in a pub beer garden on a day like today is more enjoyable 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

The fella wearing the braces, what a complete knobber. Thinks he's so 'ard.

Does  agreat job of mouthing off at the front, but being behind people when it looks like something may actually kick off. What a helmet.

Anyway, I've painted my bedsheets, and I'm getting down VP to make sure O'Leary knows we want him gone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My 15 Yr old nephew still showing as positive over a month now.  He's going for tests now, presumably for long covid.  This is not a disease of the old. 

Bloke who works down our place . Start of the year his missus and stepson had it for 3 weeks. They were both basically bed ridden for those 3 weeks, too. It then took over a month following those 3 weeks for them to be able to resume normal activities without feeling out of breath . The stepson is only in his 20s. This wasn’t the delta variant. Some people just get hit hard by it. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

‪Apparently they want mask wearing to be banned even for people who want to wear them still, so ironically enough they actually want to remove people’s freedoms.‬

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Soooo on the day resitrictions ends we've run out of Lateral Flow Tests for home testing and people are being advised to call back tomorrow...

Did see that on Twitter, but I've just ordered some. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bickster said:

Soooo on the day resitrictions ends we've run out of Lateral Flow Tests for home testing and people are being advised to call back tomorrow...

Can’t be positive if there’s no tests.

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-ro
and just like that the decision to open up is a success.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Nice to see several children take an interest in current affairs! 😢

the fat, balding, Greggs Goldcard owning middle aged English white men are a national embarrassment… 

Â