Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Unsurprisingly, people feel like life is "back to normal".  I do feel sorry for teenagers as it would've been a particularly tough part of your life to be locked down for, but hellooooooooooooooooo Covid spread:

"Nightclubs are among the first venues to take advantage of the easing of Covid restrictions in England from Monday.

With doors opening a minute past midnight, the BBC was at a nightclub in Leeds where revellers aren't being asked to wear masks or socially distance.

Some people there said that this was the first time they'd ever been to a nightclub, as they had turned 18 when the pandemic began."

(Link with video: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-57869258)

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I don’t know about you lot, but I’m not intending to change my behaviours at all this week. I can see it being chaos in the shops, supermarkets and pubs, and I’m not feeling too excited about throwing myself back into the free-for-all scrums. 

I’ll still be wearing a mask, and still keeping distance. There’s no rush to get close to some of the great unwashed that inhabit public spaces. 

Same here. I’ll get shopping delivered where possible, if not quick pop to local shop where I’ll wear a mask.

No plans to go to a pub or restaurant.

I’m a bit curious about the state of the country when we’re away from the 31st but gonna just have to crack on and do our best. 

Something to look forward to

The UK Government’s former advisor thinks it will. Neil Ferguson said it was “almost inevitable” that today’s rush to unlock would bring on 100,000 daily cases, with about 1000 hospitalisations – despite roughly half the population being doubly vaccinated.

Speaking on the BBC’s Andrew Marr show, Ferguson said: “The real question is do we get to double that – or even higher. And that’s where the crystal ball starts to fail. I mean, we could get to 2000 hospitalisations a day, 200,000 cases a day – but it’s much less certain.”

Link

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I was at a busy restaurant on Saturday night; no masks or social distancing.

69 cases on Saturday. 

I'm sure the vast majority of the spreading is from schools. No idea what other countries are like but British schools with kids crammed into small rooms is a perfect spreading environment.

Just now, darrenm said:

I'm sure the vast majority of the spreading is from schools. No idea what other countries are like but British schools with kids crammed into small rooms is a perfect spreading environment.

We're done with school already, and they didn't reopen them before the summer, only remote above like 10/11 years old I think.

5 minutes ago, darrenm said:

You’d think so, but not according to everyone…

09BA6035-4711-4616-9AA8-FDC0FA6ECC99.jpeg

I think a lot of it is the type of virus in circulation. If the countries patting themselves on the back got a surge of Delta they’d probably screwed as badly as we are. Of course, “we” brought that particular problem onto ourselves.

22 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

You’d think so, but not according to everyone…

09BA6035-4711-4616-9AA8-FDC0FA6ECC99.jpeg

Look, it's important for the virus to "take back control" of its destiny, unconstrained by naysayers, beaurocrats and politicians it didn't elect. Scientists and medics may say the opposite, but I think we've all had enough of experts. The virus needs to be free to do as it pleases to move amongst us as a sovereign being, open to pass freely from one place to the next. The virus isn't anti-foreigner as some would have you believe, no, it is a British virus, which itself came here from abroad, welcomed by the Prime Minister and  as perfectly happy to move amongst immigrants as it is amongst white Etionians.

God save the Queen, and God save all of us!

• Haha 1

Some girl in my daughters class has tested positive on one of those home kits, so she’s been sent home as well as the rest of the class. That’s her done until after the 6 weeks holidays. Bit crap for them as they had a fun last few days at school planned. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Some girl in my daughters class has tested positive on one of those home kits, so she’s been sent home as well as the rest of the class. That’s her done until after the 6 weeks holidays. Bit crap for them as they had a fun last few days at school planned. 

My lad is back today after 10 days. Just praying he can get till Wednesday without having to isolate again as it’s his last few days at primary school and they have lots of nice things planned.

• Sad 1

I went to several shops this morning including a big Tesco and everyone still had masks on, maybe with a one or two exceptions.

Has anyone seen anything different? 

Just now, Mic09 said:

I went to several shops this morning including a big Tesco and everyone still had masks on, maybe with a one or two exceptions.

My OH went to Asda to pick up a parcel earlier. She said it looked like most under 30’s were not wearing masks but older people were.

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Tesco still has a mask policy in place

words removed in london protesting for their freedom, on the day they got their freedom, not happy that people who still want to wear masks are wearing them. They all deserve to be shot. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I went into a Sainsbury’s this morning, about 95% of customers wearing masks, a lot of the staff were not wearing masks though.

if I still worked in a retail environment I’d be wearing my mask at work.

Â