Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Daughters Covid Test has come back negative. 

She's not been contacted by Test and Trace. 

So by my reckoning, if she continues negative on Lateral flow she can go to Prom as she's got no self isolation requirement. 

• Like 2

I also asked why it was so quiet.  She thinks there have been a lot of cancellations this week due to the nice weather and people not wanting to be bothered with it.  Fools - just get it done! 

• Shocked 2

Boris will u-turn on Tuesday after being so extremely disappointed with the British public not being sensible during the 24 hours of “freedom” causing huge increases in hospital admissions and infections.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Boris will u-turn on Tuesday after being so extremely disappointed with the British public not being sensible during the 24 hours of “freedom” causing huge increases in hospital admissions and infections.

Don't be silly, them's Labour voting ages in hospital, its a cull of vaguely leftists

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trekka said:

Seems to be concern over the Beta variant that is the issue.  That having fun with the Delta variant and we could be looking at a "Belta" variant (I know, I know...) which doesn't sound good. A quick search brings up this but I expect there are many more reputable sources for more information:

Beta variant is only 3.4% of cases in France. Another nonsense move.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Soooo- what does everyone reckon will we actually have full capacity crowds in August? Or full crowds in August and then a 50-75% reduction come winter?

I am getting less optimistic by the day unfortunately given this government's previous track record.

I'd be surprised  to see full capacity crowds. And as autumn turns into winter and cases spike, I'd expect empty stadiums again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, LondonLax said:

’m not seeing those big peaks in hospitalisation in your graph that there used to be? 

If you look at the graph, the hospitalisation pattern and figures from last September October correlate almost exactly with this June July, both in actual numbers and trend. The concern therefore is that the big peak of last winter will be repeated in August September this year

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

So Covid-19 is here to stay then...

IMHO,yes.It will be like cancer,the flu or dementure.People will get off a plane somewhere and some will have cancer.Some will have the flu and some will have covid

Anyone found any data that breaks down who's in hospital in terms of unvaccinated, single jab, double jab? Not seen any clean data on that yet and I don't think its part of the gov dashboard so maybe just not available. 

The reports tend to say that the ones in hospital that are double jabbed also have underlying health conditions. 

It seems Sajid Javid has tested positive and has mild symptoms.  EDIT: only a lateral flow test currently but awaiting the PCR test result. 

Edited by trekka

41 minutes ago, trekka said:

It seems Sajid Javid has tested positive and has mild symptoms.  EDIT: only a lateral flow test currently but awaiting the PCR test result. 

Hes been double vaccinated. I 'd like to know the numbers that have been double vaccinated yet are still getting and spreading the virus.  My feeling is its not offering much protection from contacting the virus but its doing a great job of stopping you getting severe symptoms.  Its very high risk this allowing the virus to spread amongst us and relying on the vaccines to protect us and try and build up this herd immunity. 

Edited by PaulC

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

My feeling is its not offering much protection from contacting the virus but its doing a great job of stopping you getting severe symptoms.  

That's how vaccines work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I'd be surprised  to see full capacity crowds. And as autumn turns into winter and cases spike, I'd expect empty stadiums again.

I really don't think so.  All the modelling suggests herd immunity mid August and then it should start to retreat pretty rapidly as new infections will be hard to find....... Assuming no big mutations by then. 

• Like 1

Â