Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Not UK related but still worth reading:

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/1017002907/u-s-covid-deaths-are-rising-again-experts-call-it-a-pandemic-of-the-unvaccinated?t=1626528461371

"There is a clear message that is coming through: This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the CDC's director, said at a Friday briefing of the White House COVID-19 Response Team. "Our biggest concern is we are going to continue to see preventable cases, hospitalizations and sadly deaths among the unvaccinated."

"Unvaccinated Americans account for virtually all recent COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths," said Jeff Zients, the White House COVID-19 response coordinator. "Each COVID-19 death is tragic, and those happening now are even more tragic because they are preventable."

More than 99% of recent deaths were among the unvaccinated, infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci said earlier this month on NBC's Meet the Press, while Walensky noted on Friday that unvaccinated people accounted for over 97% of hospitalizations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hes been double vaccinated. I 'd like to know the numbers that have been double vaccinated yet are still getting and spreading the virus.  My feeling is its not offering much protection from contacting the virus but its doing a great job of stopping you getting severe symptoms.  Its very high risk this allowing the virus to spread amongst us and relying on the vaccines to protect us and try and build up this herd immunity. 

My brother double jabbed (AZ) and never got it when wife (1 jab) and son had it. 

My daughters friend has passed it on to sister and mum (double jabbed, mild symptoms) but her dad (double jabbed AZ) has not got it yet. 

• Like 1

On a lighter note. Javid was with Johnson when he felt ill on Friday night. Also rumours circulating that a good number of other miniters will have to self isolate for ten days and that could spread self-isolation through a good number of government departments too

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

On a lighter note. Javid was with Johnson when he felt ill on Friday night. Also rumours circulating that a good number of other miniters will have to self isolate for ten days and that could spread self-isolation through a good number of government departments too

Maybe a pilot scheme is incoming where they don’t need to isolate (like the one created for Gove a few weeks ago).

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Maybe a pilot scheme is incoming where they don’t need to isolate (like the one created for Gove a few weeks ago).

I was about to say they wouldn't dare... but they would

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

I was about to say they wouldn't dare... but they would

They could be as brazen as “we’re introducing a pilot scheme whereby Government Ministers , Tory MPs, and party donors don’t have to self isolate” and it would be CON +5.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

They could be as brazen as “we’re introducing a pilot scheme where my Government Ministers , Tory MPs, and party donors don’t have to self isolate” and it would be CON +5.

Well the government has to continue with all its good and important work

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Not content with killing people indirectly via their shit policies, they are now going round and doing it in person as well.

I presume he hadn’t tested positive back on the 13th, or?

22 minutes ago, darrenm said:

If that wall goes up I'm going westwards quickly. I can do a pretty good Pembrokeshire accent.

I’ve heard the heroin is far cheaper in Rhyl, so not sure if thats any benefit to you. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â