The Royal Family

Genie

Can't they just do what they did to Lenin?

Or does that stop the transference of Lizard powers?

I mean, just think of the money it would generate (and the taxes)

£20 each for a gawp at pickled queenie.in a gold box There's the energy crisis solved. It's what she would have wanted

• Like 1

I enjoy the fallacy that the Royal family stay out of politics, or that the power they have is only ceremonial. Sure they don't do much out loud, but on the quiet in the background on matters of real estate, taxes etc they have a very powerful and direct route into policy makers that they are only too happy to use. Also breaking the law as a Royal is pretty much ok. Just imagine what would happen to you if you drove into a bus stop full of waiting passengers.

They don't care much for politics it's true, but when it comes to cold hard cash they are happy to dip a toe in the water.

One example

A series of government memos unearthed in the National Archives reveal that Elizabeth Windsor’s private lawyer put pressure on ministers to alter proposed legislation to prevent her shareholdings from being disclosed to the public.

Following the Queen’s intervention, the government inserted a clause into the law granting itself the power to exempt companies used by “heads of state” from new transparency measures.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

I guess also typical villa style he’s only 3 proclamations in and I’m already Charles Out. 

let's give him at least a pre-season and see how he does with his christmas speech

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

£20 each for a gawp at pickled queenie.in a gold box There's the energy crisis solved. It's what she would have wanted

they'll just go to ticket touts buying them all and flogging them for £100 a pop. kinda feel that's the one big event British custom that's lacking here

"buy or sell tickets...tickets for the queen...buy or sell"

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

What does pausing the queue even entail? Does everyone just sit down? Or do they disperse into side streets before springing back to the queue at the restart? 

You ever been at Euston station waiting for your platform to be allocated? It's gonna be like that.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

she's being buried in Windsor and I think the tomb will be accessible to the public  , all  be it it would just be a marble slab you are looking at  ... but that's' probably better than paying respects to an empty coffin 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

she's being buried in Windsor and I think the tomb will be accessible to the public  , all  be it it would just be a marble slab you are looking at  ... but that's' probably better than paying respects to an empty coffin 

You think the coffin is empty? 

Just now, Mic09 said:

You think the coffin is empty? 

its more a tongue in cheek 

not in an she's alive theory , just in a what if some group / individual try and do something to it , the risk of the body popping out although slim , is also far too great 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was thinking that with the whole thing being recorded there will be dozens of funny moments captured.

I was channel hoping last night and happened to catch Mogg attending with 4 of his kids   .... the little one did a top bow which was both cute & funny   

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I was channel hoping last night and happened to catch Mogg attending with 4 of his kids   .... the little one did a top bow which was both cute & funny   

I bet it wasn't.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Any other kid giving a bow standing on the coffin would be thrown in a young offenders institution. 

One rule for them. 

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I wonder how they managed in the queue for 9 hours…

Â