The Royal Family

Genie

11 minutes ago, choffer said:

There’s a short answer and then there’s a more detailed answer. Given that your question is at least a little tongue-in-cheek, I’ll give you the short one. Basically, you can’t open yourself up to a discrimination case. If you make a concession for one type of disability, it’s much easier to open the doors to all than try and justify each on their individual merits. 

Actually, my post was somewhat tongue in cheek, just for the sake of the punchline, tbh. :)

Although the quote was verbatim, what I didn't mention was that the person who said it was also walking with a stick. So (assuming they weren't faking it) fair do's. 

I still think the whole thing is weird. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

It just strikes me that ol king sausage fingers just isn’t a grown up. He’s a teenager in a 70 year old man sausage condom. Literally behaves like a spoilt and petulant little boy. He will bring down the monarchy perfectly fine on his own by being a massive word removed. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I can't understand the hatred and piss taking on here, hardly anyone I have spoken to thinks this way. It's funny, say a black mans black and you'll get ripped a new one on VT, but it's a free for all slagging mourners of the queen and the monarchy no problem.

I like you and respect your opinions, but I think sometimes you paint the VT regulars as more left wing and countercultural than they are.

Lots of normal people who are fairly conservative and nationalist still think all this competitive mourning is a bit weird. I don’t get the impression you’re the kind of person to queue for 11 hours to look at a coffin.

I’m all for paying the Queen her dues. She was undoubtedly a remarkable human being. I just wish people didn’t have to turn it into a competition. And I wish Dan Wootton would die of syphilis.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Political slogans on banners are banned at EUFA games aren't they?

That was my first thought, but The Royal Family are famously not political aren't they? 

13 hours ago, bickster said:

I think the knives are already out. The snarkiness with his staff and the people he's visiting around the country is just the start of it

I think he's already got more bad press than the Queen ever got

That was inevitable. He won't get the deference because of the generation gap. 

24 minutes ago, AXD said:

Typical Villa style. Right before we get a monarch supporting us and giving us special status, the monarchy ends

I guess also typical villa style he’s only 3 proclamations in and I’m already Charles Out. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I hope someone forms a queue, to join the queue. This needs to happen. 

What does pausing the queue even entail? Does everyone just sit down? Or do they disperse into side streets before springing back to the queue at the restart? 

Â