The Royal Family

Genie

My thoughts on it all......The Royal family will very shortly be led by Charles and Camilla. Once the funeral is over and things settled down Charles will start voicing his opinions and the whole thing will be brought to it's knees, the guys an idiot. 

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

My thoughts on it all......The Royal family will very shortly be led by Charles and Camilla. Once the funeral is over and things settled down Charles will start voicing his opinions and the whole thing will be brought to it's knees, the guys an idiot. 

I think the knives are already out. The snarkiness with his staff and the people he's visiting around the country is just the start of it

I think he's already got more bad press than the Queen ever got

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

never under estimated the intolerance of the tolerant left  :) 

but you must be able to see the difference between racism and what is a media driven public grief  frenzy over a dead monarch  ( I say that as someone who likes the monarchy  ) , surely ? 

It's heavy yes, but expected, not sure what VT expected, report she's dead then throw her in a box the week after, job done??

13 minutes ago, tinker said:

Q2 2022 Yougov showed

Charles was liked by 42% , disliked by 26% 

for comparison

Queen was liked by 75% , disliked by 8% 

With the queen, it was don’t hate the player hate the game. I quite liked her, I think William is alright, Harry is great. They’re born into something that shouldn’t exist in modern society. It had its place in time.

Anyway, with regards to different opinions in the real world, it depends where you live doesn’t it. In my circle and line of work it’s almost all jokes and couldn’t give less of a shit because I hang out with people I get on with. I do also acknowledge that a large portion of the population is insane. In a different way to my insane, I’m also insane. But correct insane.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Q2 2022 Yougov showed

Charles was liked by 42% , disliked by 26% 

for comparison

Queen was liked by 75% , disliked by 8% 

Even with him carrying on like a bit of a nob I think he'll get a short term boost because of his mum dying. It'll be interesting to see if he keeps a low profile for a bit after the funeral

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

With the queen, it was don’t hate the player hate the game. I quite liked her, I think William is alright, Harry is great. They’re born into something that shouldn’t exist in modern society. It had its place in time.

Anyway, with regards to different opinions in the real world, it depends where you live doesn’t it. In my circle and line of work it’s almost all jokes and couldn’t give less of a shit because I hang out with people I get on with. I do also acknowledge that a large portion of the population is insane. In a different way to my insane, I’m also insane. But correct insane.

There's also the matter of just not being a prick impressing your opinion on people who disagree. I'll say exactly what I think on here, people are free to disagree, argue, or just block me, whatever.

At work, I'm less likely to tell colleagues that I think they're a disgusting family harbouring a sexual predator, with no concern but hoarding their ill-gotten wealth. Unless I know they agree, anyway.

Politics and religion are dangerous topics in the real world, but not so much on VT

• Like 3

Hang on… According to Norwegian newspaper VG, Celtic are under investigation by UEFA for a Green Brigade banner at their midweek game that read «F*** THE CROWN» and singing anti-monarchy chants. 

Investigated for what, exactly? 

Interesting weekend ahead. The queue passes under the balcony at the other half’s apartment. Apparently it’s all very jovial, lots of chatter and bits of singing. I can imagine my patience for that sort of carry on being very limited during the night. 
Would it be inappropriate of me to stock up on water balloons before I head over there tomorrow?

12 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Hang on… According to Norwegian newspaper VG, Celtic are under investigation by UEFA for a Green Brigade banner at their midweek game that read «F*** THE CROWN» and singing anti-monarchy chants. 

Political slogans on banners are banned at EUFA games aren't they?

32 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I quite enjoyed "if you hate the royal family clap your hands"

• Like 1

Just watching the news on The Queue. Apparently they've got a fast track for people with disabilities. Which I think is a fine thing. But then they interviewed one of the disabled queuers: "I've got autism, ADHD and Tourette's". How does that stop you joining the regular queue? All so you can walk past the coffin and shout "**** OFF!" 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just watching the news on The Queue. Apparently they've got a fast track for people with disabilities. Which I think is a fine thing. But then they interviewed one of the disabled queuers: "I've got autism, ADHD and Tourette's". How does that stop you joining the regular queue? All so you can walk past the coffin and shout "**** OFF!" 

Not very woke of you 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There’s a short answer and then there’s a more detailed answer. Given that your question is at least a little tongue-in-cheek, I’ll give you the short one. Basically, you can’t open yourself up to a discrimination case. If you make a concession for one type of disability, it’s much easier to open the doors to all than try and justify each on their individual merits. 

Â