The Royal Family

Genie

39 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Bone idle, forelock-tugging words removed.

It's actually worse than you've made it sound. They've actually recalled Parliament just to do this. That'll be the thing they should have done many times but refused to do in middle of one crisis or another (Pandemic / Brexit)

And even better than that, the unelected lot will get paid 160 odd quid attendance allowance for turning up to make tributes to the Prince, by making tributes, I mean speaking on a zoom call when the speaker of the Lords calls them.

24 minutes ago, tinker said:

Wonder if more than 30 will be present at his funeral? 

Can you imagine someone sat down with the Queen telling her she’s at 32 so needs to trim a couple of people off the list.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Can you imagine someone sat down with the Queen telling her she’s at 32 so needs to trim a couple of people off the list.

Have you ever met the type of person who applies to be a traffic warden?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

Have you ever met the type of person who applies to be a traffic warden?

I pictured it in my mind as a group of staff in the other room literally pulling straws to see who has to break it to the Queen she has to remove some family members from her husbands funeral.

Saying that, imagine if Harry is nowhere to be seen on the day and the Queen sacrificed him to get down to 30 :lol: 

30 minutes ago, tinker said:

Wonder if more than 30 will be present at his funeral? 

There will be. The official guests list is 30 but various people 'around' the event 'don't count towards that number'. So basically the coffin bearers, those involved in the ceremony, all the people behind the scenes... I wouldn't be surprised if the actual number there is 5 times as many, if not more.

But they aren't guests so they don't count.

In fairness I expected them to end with 30 people per country attending so there's at least a sop towards meeting the same guidelines as the rest of us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

If it's a state funeral, all the family members would be workers and not count towards the limit.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Basically all sport has been moved around the funeral time on Saturday. Ridiculously unnecessary. I actually hope the Queen never dies after this.

IF she could arrange to die on the same day as Paul McCartney that would be great

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

There will be. The official guests list is 30 but various people 'around' the event 'don't count towards that number'. So basically the coffin bearers, those involved in the ceremony, all the people behind the scenes... I wouldn't be surprised if the actual number there is 5 times as many, if not more.

But they aren't guests so they don't count.

In fairness I expected them to end with 30 people per country attending so there's at least a sop towards meeting the same guidelines as the rest of us.

They could do what we’ve done and treble the number of ball boys we’ve said we need.

Another good one, one person in charge of the numbers board, a different person responsible for holding it up to announce 3 minutes extra time.

If she wants to DM me I reckon I can turn 30 in to about 52 no problemo.

They just mustn’t cheer if anyone scores.

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

She'll have to keep a close eye on her favourite son then

We’d keep the girls teams away from this particular booking.

13 or over, one of ‘em will be sniffing around.

• Haha 4

Â