The Royal Family

Genie

This one's going down about as well as you’d expect.

Sky doing the RF zero favours here 🤣 The word paedo, nonce and rapist may feature heavily in the replies.

just shows how out of touch they are that he was even allowed remotely near a camera and microphone

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Sky doing the RF zero favours here 🤣 The word paedo, nonce and rapist may feature heavily in the replies.

just shows how out of touch they are that he was even allowed remotely near a camera and microphone

I was equally surprised to see the paedophile's friend on the BBC homepage.

It looks like sexual predators grieve too. 

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I guess they had to let him out to do the bare minimum without it seeming like they're hiding him because he's a nonce.

Anyway I've somehow managed to avoid all the fuss that's going on, probably because I just watch sport and streaming services.  I generally have no problem with the royal family though.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I guess they had to let him out to do the bare minimum without it seeming like they're hiding him because he's a nonce.

No, they didn't. He withdrew from "public life." It's a misjudged attempt to get him in the public eye whilst they percieve that the RF has everyone's sympathy. It's an attempt at rehabilitation of his public perception.

This was a private service in a chapel in Windsor Great Park. They could have had this service completely privately, they chose not to, they chose to invite journalists into the grounds of the park.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

No, they didn't. He withdrew from "public life." It's a misjudged attempt to get him in the public eye whilst they percieve that the RF has everyone's sympathy. It's an attempt at rehabilitation of his public perception.

This was a private service in a chapel in Windsor Great Park. They could have had this service completely privately, they chose not to, they chose to invite journalists into the grounds of the park.

I guess both things can be true.  It would have looked a bit suspect if one of the sons was completely invisible when his old man died and they can gauge the reaction at the same time.  That said I don't know whether Edward or Anne have been talking to the media as like I said, I've barely watched any of it.

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

That said I don't know whether Edward or Anne have been talking to the media

Edward was interviewed outside of the same private church after the same private service in the private Windsor Great Park today. Feck knows about about Anne, probably driving too fast for any journo to catch her

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Edward was interviewed outside of the same private church after the same private service in the private Windsor Great Park today. Feck knows about about Anne, probably driving too fast for any journo to catch her

Were the media allowed in during the private service?

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Were the media allowed in during the private service?

I doubt it. But just so we're clear, the private service was at the Royal Chapel of All Saints, located very near Royal Lodge (Prince Andrew's Country Home - which can't be rented out on the commercial market because of security issues surrounding the RF) in Windsor Great Park, owned by the Queen. The journalists were only there because they were invited and allowed to be there. The would be no access to this location without royal approval

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I doubt it. But just so we're clear, the private service was at the Royal Chapel of All Saints, located very near Royal Lodge (Prince Andrew's Country Home - which can't be rented out on the commercial market because of security issues surrounding the RF) in Windsor Great Park, owned by the Queen. The journalists were only there because they were invited and allowed to be there. The would be no access to this location without royal approval

that almost suggests that its been in the planning long before friday

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that almost suggests that its been in the planning long before friday

It really doesn't, the RF are as quick to take opportunities when they come along as anyone else. I don't honestly think Madge intended for her favourite son to dissappear forever, just until the heat died down. An opportunity arose today and they took it.

I really don't think these things ever follow a set plan

He’s still wanted for questioning by the FBI, he’s bloody lucky this whole thing wasn’t a sting, like when they tell bail jumpers they’ve won a TV and they need to go to x address to collect it.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Seems to be in full disrepectful technicolour to me. Unless you can pick a them like VT? "Mawkish, sentimentality for idiots" perhaps?! :)

• Haha 1

TV still insufferable this morning, apart from some good sport having a pint with his breakfast. I thought we were close to reaching negative Covid deaths day? No prizes for guessing who my money is on to be the first to rise from the ground.

Edited by fightoffyour

Â