Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Look at him in the background here.

He's up for being one of us and getting us out of this hole, so let's give him the opportunity to do that.

Yup watching the highlights made me take my words back about him acting like a billy big bollox prick when he was subbed off....lol.

He was going nuts.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Still should not be playing as woefully unfit.

He’s only going to get match fit by playing matches and you can’t say our results have been bad even when blooding him. 

As I said earlier, his next opportunity for a match will not be until Bournemouth next month by which time he will have been with us almost a month and played a number of competitive fixtures, plus he’s doing extra fitness training apparently.

By the time Bournemouth comes around he will have pretty much been on a full preseason training program with us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

He’s only going to get match fit by playing matches and you can’t say our results have been bad even when blooding him. 

As I said earlier, his next opportunity for a match will not be until Bournemouth next month by which time he will have been with us almost a month and played a number of competitive fixtures, plus he’s doing extra fitness training apparently.

By the time Bournemouth comes around he will have pretty much been on a full preseason training program with us. 

Results have been ok - imagine if we played against brighton with a fit midfielder and a striker though? Personally I don't think we have the luxury of "blooding" right now 

Still short but noticeably better than his debut. I think he will come good. You can see his personality and drive, you can also see its lack of match sharpness that's bringing him up short. He has that PL urgency and energy that we haven't got. As others have said, has what both Lansbury or Hourihane just don't have in their locker.

We need him to come good so keep blooding him, he should be there in 3  games time. 

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought he really helped us retain possession yesterday. Alongside Nakamba he can really excel. I have always liked the combination of a ball winner and a distributor. Put a playmaker in front and you have a midfield built to control matches. Add a potent striker and wide players with good movement and you have some sexy football to enjoy.

50 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Results have been ok - imagine if we played against brighton with a fit midfielder and a striker though? Personally I don't think we have the luxury of "blooding" right now 

There was certainly an element of risk but it seems like it will be paying rewards for the remainder of the season.

A fully fit ball playing midfielder who is in his prime and an important part of a Premier League winning side would be a massive asset to a team in our position.

A real ‘moneyball’ signing. 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup watching the highlights made me take my words back about him acting like a billy big bollox prick when he was subbed off....lol.

He was going nuts.

What did he do when he came off? I never noticed.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

What did he do when he came off? I never noticed.

he shook his head and looked dejected

hard to tell if he's frustrated at being subbed or frustrated at himself because he needed to be subbed, he must know that his fitness isn't there

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he shook his head and looked dejected

hard to tell if he's frustrated at being subbed or frustrated at himself because he needed to be subbed, he must know that his fitness isn't there

Even at the time I think I took it as him not being happy with performance/fitness. I’d doubt many players like being subbed but three games in to a loan would be a bit of an odd time to publicly show anger at the manager.

Benefit of the doubt anyway.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

Â