Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I don’t think Drinkwater is a paycheque chancer. Quite the opposite in fact. The story is that he was gutted about how things turned out at Chelsea and has been constantly looking for clubs where he can get regular minutes. He has sacked the agent who negotiated his move to Chelsea.

The fact he likes a drink and has got in trouble on a night out hardly makes him an alcoholic. The drink driving incident sounded like stupidity rather than an obvious sign of an out of control boozer.

And he is ripped, which is pretty hard to maintain with a drink problem, but clearly he’s lacking a bit of mileage in his legs. Some players need the intensity of competitive matches to hit peak fitness.

He hasn’t looked great so far, but he hasn’t cost us any points, and I think this could still turn out to be a good bit of business.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I I’d think the decision to sign for Chelsea would have been his own.  The agents job would have been to get him the best package possible, and considering how things planned out.. he should be giving the agent a bonus, not sacking him.

i mean the guy got him paid somewhere close to £18m for 23 appearances. Add the £34m transfer fee and that’s £52m that Chelsea will have paid. (Or £2.25m per appearance) 

If anyone needs sacking it’s the Chelsea guy that signed this deal off.  The agent did a pretty **** tremendous job if u ask me.

Edited by Thug

Just now, Thug said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I I’d think the decision to sign for Chelsea would have been his own.  The agents job would have been to get him the best package possible, and considering how things planned out.. he should be giving the agent a bonus, not sacking him.

i mean the guy got him paid somewhere close to £18m for 23 appearances. Add the £34m that chelsea paid and that’s £52 that Chelsea will have paid. Or £2.25m per appearance. If anyone needs sacking it’s the Chelsea guy that signed this deal off.  The agent did a pretty **** tremendous job if u ask me.

You do have a point, but I think agents usually double up as career / life advisers for the player. Their role isn’t just to get as much cash as possible, but also to help the player make big decisions about his future. Bear in mind joining Chelsea has probably cost Drinkwater a few England caps, and maybe even shortened his career. The drinking sounds like a reaction to the extreme boredom of rarely getting anywhere near the Chelsea team for 2 years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

You do have a point, but I think agents usually double up as career / life advisers for the player. Their role isn’t just to get as much cash as possible, but also to help the player make big decisions about his future. Bear in mind joining Chelsea has probably cost Drinkwater a few England caps, and maybe even shortened his career. The drinking sounds like a reaction to the extreme boredom of rarely getting anywhere near the Chelsea team for 2 years.

More importantly...

why are you awake?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Thug said:

If anyone needs sacking it’s the Chelsea guy that signed this deal off.  The agent did a pretty **** tremendous job if u ask me.

It says in NY Times article someone posted earlier that Chelsea wanted to sign him but Conte the manager wasn't keen but wasn't up to him

I watched the replay of the game and didn't have any higher expectations after having read the ratings after the game. But I didn't thnik he looked that bad to be honest. At one point he made a sprint while tracking back where he actually looked quite mobile quick and fast. From the Man C game it looked like his legs had gone and he was slower than Lansbury, but it looked like he could run! To bad he did it only once during the game, but it give me a glimmer of hope that he may get more and more into match fitness and can be able to contribute.

8 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I watched the replay of the game and didn't have any higher expectations after having read the ratings after the game. But I didn't thnik he looked that bad to be honest. At one point he made a sprint while tracking back where he actually looked quite mobile quick and fast. From the Man C game it looked like his legs had gone and he was slower than Lansbury, but it looked like he could run! To bad he did it only once during the game, but it give me a glimmer of hope that he may get more and more into match fitness and can be able to contribute.

He's doing extra gym sessions apparently to get up to speed. I'll give him benefit of doubt for a few games yet

Last week. Drinkwater get subbed off we are 1-0 down at that point. Manage to get a point.

Today Drinkwater get's subbed off we're 1-0 down. Win the game and score 2 goals.

Start playing your best players Smith ffs. Luiz miles ahead of Drinkwater.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

I think he's alright. You can see both the matches he's played, that he has the footballing intelligence when he positions himself, which our other players rarely have. He is miles off pace though, so it's a bit weird he's starting matches. But I thought he did rather well today, so don't quite get the negativity. 

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think he's alright. You can see both the matches he's played, that he has the footballing intelligence when he positions himself, which our other players rarely have. He is miles off pace though, so it's a bit weird he's starting matches. But I thought he did rather well today, so don't quite get the negativity. 

Luiz is 10 times the player mate.

Playing Drink is killing us. Same way persisting with Wesley did.

Â