Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

We can't really afford to carry this guy for however long it takes for him to get back to form.

Did I imagine him mouthing "bullshit" as he was walking off the pitch? Looked like he did but could have been anything I guess.

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

He needs games away from the first team. At least 2-3 good intensive 90 minutes each behind the doors before he is anywhere near the squad. 

Well he can’t play again until next month so should be able to get more fitness in his legs to be in contention for the Bournemouth match. 

7 minutes ago, sne said:

We can't really afford to carry this guy for however long it takes for him to get back to form.

Did I imagine him mouthing "bullshit" as he was walking off the pitch? Looked like he did but could have been anything I guess.

I thought I saw that too but he was probably talking about the predicament rather than the decision to sub him. If it’s the latter, he clearly doesn’t know how we could see his sweaty moob patches 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he significantly weakens us. I get he needs to play to get match fitness but we struggle with him on the pitch. 

He does. Luiz has to play every game. Nakamba and Luiz are our best midfielders by a big distance.

Hourihane our 3rd best and i also think Lansbury is better than Drinkwater.

Drinkwater looks frustrated with his own fitness more than anything else. I thought he looked much better starting than a lot of our midfielders have this season. Some very nice touches and passes, but also some passages where he looked off the pace and heavy legged.

Clearly something has improved since he came in, because that's the best game I've seen Nakamba play in a Villa shirt. He had a similar effect on Kante. Maybe he's just a good player to play alongside - vocal, good positioning, etc.

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

He is a very good passer and improves by every game, but Luiz is miles ahead of him. Don't really see that he is an upgrade on Hourihane or Lansbury yet either. If he keeps improvning then he could be. But for now I want him to do more defensive work, press more and run more. 

He is quite a big upgrade on Hourihane and Lansbury IMO.

• Like 4

Â