Pre match thread

lukesmith17

Please we are trying a new formation.

Just a pity 2 players who would suit that system are injured (mcginn and targett)

Down side is taylor, pity engels isnt fit so hause could play LWB with targett injured.

Oh god, Smith, noooooo.This is going to be an absolute disaster. Smith in panic mode. Was really hoping he wouldn't make such drastic changes, screams of someone who's lost belief.

5-0 to Burnley. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Haha 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

People have been moaning about changes for ages now. He does it and that's wrong as well? Do take a break. 

By saying changes, Most of us asked for Jack playing as an 8 and playing Kodjia up front.

Looks like Smith will try to park the bus like he did against Sheff Utd. And we all know how that ended.

I'm happy to see him try something else in terms of formation.

Most of the complaints here can't be fixed from within the current squad - we don't have an alternative at left back with Targett injured and we went into the season without a proper left winger - moving Grealish to left wing back would be a very bad idea. Our need for Taylor is representative of how much work we needed to do to build a squad in the summer, not a coaching weakness.

For me the same is true on Wesley, would I prefer him to be rested and another centre forward to get a go? Yes, I think it'd be good for him and us - do we have another forward capable of playing there? No. Kodjia isn't up to this level, he's not the player he was two years ago - again, we don't really have an alternative - it's not bad coaching or bad selection, it's a weak squad.

• Like 3