Pre match thread

lukesmith17

8 minutes ago, KHV said:

Having watched Norwich they are actually playing well

We look totally disjointed with no plan at all

I think this " playing well " statement is a misnomer, if you are at the bottom of the league and can't win a game or gain points, that is happening for a good reason.

Aesthetically pleasing football with out all the other necessary ingredients, is not playing well......just as showing an ability to defend is not playing badly

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

Having watched Norwich they are actually playing well

We look totally disjointed with no plan at all

They played us off the park and should have had 3 or 4 

But they didn’t get 3 or 4 and we won.

Happy that he has shuffled the pack. Happy that Mings is back. Happy that the team has a slightly more physical edge to it. Happy that Burnley will not have seen this coming.

Let’s see how it pans out. Come on you Villa boys!!!!!

Just now, TRO said:

I think this " playing well " statement is a misnomer, if you are at the bottom of the league and can't win a game or gain points, that is happening for a good reason.

Aesthetically pleasing football with out all the other necessary ingredients, is not playing well.

They are creating chances and they are in games.

We are losing and are not creating a thing

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

but he is playing on the Left of the back 3 so how would that be possible?

Unless you would prefer one of our full/wingbacks on the wrong side?

I'm no fan of Taylor, but he was the best option atm.

I haven't seen the team, but I was referring to a back 4 sorry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

They are creating chances and they are in games.

We are losing and are not creating a thing

yeah, I get your point.....but they lack a durabilty too , for me.....Hence they can't get a win.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Aesthetically pleasing football with out all the other necessary ingredients, is not playing well......just as showing an ability to defend is not playing badly

The thing with Norwich is they are all in it together and have the team spirit and effort - we had that earlier in the season but now look to have imploded and roll over very easily .

not giving 100% is unacceptable 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

You're saying we can't defend and we shouldn't try?

I'm saying we should play to our strengths not our weaknesses.

Play like we did in the first half of the season. We were conceding lots but also scoring lots.

Smith's teams has always leaked goals. Just look at his records at Walsall and Brentford.

Ultimately, whatever Smith does today can't please everyone - that's not down to him - we simply don't have enough jam to cover all of the toast.

Salvation is only available in the window - until then, we try our best to hang in there.

We're one point off where we need to be.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TRO said:

yeah, I get your point.....but they lack a durabilty too , for me.....Hence they can't get a win.

Would you not say we also lack durability?

Good Smith tries something new, even better that Mings is back.

Bar Jack's wondergoal there's no goals in that line-up though. We need to make set pieces our strength, because we're poor otherwise. Therefore, I'd have started Chester and Hourihane. Hourihane can come in later though, I'm ok with that. But Chester in for Taylor, and Hause LB.