Pre match thread

lukesmith17

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

By saying changes, Most of us asked for Jack playing as an 8 and playing Kodjia up front.

Looks like Smith will try to park the bus like he did against Sheff Utd. And we all know how that ended.

You actually mainly (admittedly not exclusively) asked for Jack to be played as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 and for us to ‘stop leaking goals’.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Something needs to change. It's not working. How on earth can people moan about trying something new?

I will have a moan about wesley starting because that is persisting with something that hasn't worked. However I'm open to see if a change in formation does have a positive effect on him.

I think Wesley is the sticking point

He literally offers nothing at all, with one up top you need your forward to offer something, he doesn’t at all. At least Kodjia can offer some magic and something out of nothing. This guy is doesn’t offer an aerial threat, doesn’t link up play, doesn’t get in the box and doesn’t shoot

He has been woeful and that’s being kind

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Something needs to change. It's not working. How on earth can people moan about trying something new?

I will have a moan about wesley starting because that is persisting with something that hasn't worked. However I'm open to see if a change in formation does have a positive effect on him.

This. I admire him for try something new. It’s about time. Whether it works or not is a separate situation but we have all calling for him to try something different so let’s see now. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who would people have preferred at the left wing back position?

I think the only real alternative would be Guilbert on his wrong side with Elmo playing on the right.

Hause.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

By trying something "new" i don't think any of us want us to park the bus.

And that's what that lineup looks like. Smith is seriously turning into Lambert.

Your expectations are ridiculous. 

We need to get points. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

They can park the Holte End stand for all I care.....I just want the points.

Its not a time to be aesthetically pleasing, its a time to go to war.

Burnley will bully us i'm afraid. Particularly the 2 guys up front.

25 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Am I the only one that thinks Kodjia is also **** useless since his injury? I remember it being a much more widespread opinion when he was getting minutes in the championship.

He goes by Kodija now.

*Looks at team sheet 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I wonder if norwich fans are like this?

Having watched Norwich they are actually playing well

We look totally disjointed with no plan at all

They played us off the park and should have had 3 or 4 

Edited by KHV

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Burnley will bully us i'm afraid. Particularly the 2 guys up front.

then we need to ****ing well Bully them back......stick one of them up in the air in the first few minutes and set the tone.