Pre match thread

lukesmith17

Just now, MaVilla said:

Yeah complete idiocy.

We have all been saying we should try something new, we are, just a pity we don't have the players to suit it in some positions currently (Taylor).

Agreed mate, but people moaning about Taylor given that MT is injured is just moaning for the sake of moaning. 

This sort of formation was seen as a viable option when all the new player's came in over the summer, let's hope it at least produces a battling performance today.

If I see any midfielder jogging back I'm expecting them to get a rollocking off either of Mings or Grealish and that's what we'll need today - 100% commitment, playing for the manager and shirt.

If we don't get that then the speculation over Smith and his future will only increase and I don't think that will help us in our continuing relegation battle.

Edited by Darth Villa

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Something needs to change. It's not working. How on earth can people moan about trying something new?

I will have a moan about wesley starting because that is persisting with something that hasn't worked. However I'm open to see if a change in formation does have a positive effect on him.

By trying something "new" i don't think any of us want us to park the bus.

And that's what that lineup looks like. Smith is seriously turning into Lambert.

Edited by villalad21

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Taylor as a wing back, jesus **** wept, can't wait to see his 1 out of 10 performance. Trezeguet should be no where near the first team either and what kind of dirt has Wesley got on Smith. I'm expecting us to lose 2-1.

3- 0 burnley 

Just now, villalad21 said:

Starting the new year with playing in this complete abomination.

Hate this kit. Really hate it.

It's a marmite kit, I really like it. 

Anyway, going 5 at the back is generally a welcome change but just wish we'd tried it while Targett was fit.

• Like 2

Their  tactics will centre around ....

Barnes -Woods & Rodriguez mullering us in the air.......we need every available man capable of nullifying that threat.

they will be doubling and trebling up at the far post and we must be ready for it.....slight full backs will be suicide.

I would play Hause at left back to limit the aerial threat.....assuming Mings and Engels are available.

• Like 1

Taylor will be a defensive wingback to counter act jack’s and Guilbert’s attacking instincts. 

Kodija should be starting though over Wesley and I would maybe consider promoting Ramsey to the squad. 

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Their  tactics will centre around ....

Barnes -Woods & Rodriguez mullering us in the air.......we need every available man capable of nullifying that threat.

they will be doubling and trebling up at the far post and we must be ready for it.....slight full backs will be suicide.

I would play Hause at left back to limit the aerial threat.....assuming Mings and Engels are available.

Team sheet is in mate, previous page.