Pre match thread

lukesmith17

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's not a lot of money at this level - not for where we've started from. If we stay up, we'll need to spend it again.

Totally agree with your statement sir. We have to now assume signings coming in will be to improve not bulk out the squad.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Interesting team selection and formation for the positive me thinks. I have a positive feeling about this. 

Me too.  Looking forward to it. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's not a lot of money at this level - not for where we've started from. If we stay up, we'll need to spend it again.

I am not sure I agree with that.....I get we was in dire straits, but 15 mill for Luiz and 14 Mill for Target......18 mill for the 2 wingers.

we have certainly played over the odds for what we see at present.

He's tried to do something different with that line up and formation

clearly from the 5/6 games the 'same old' thing has not been working at all

we have to make our selves hard to beat and at least with this formation it gives us a better chance of that

but for Smith its a case of case of dammed if you do dammed if you dont

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ultimately, whatever Smith does today can't please everyone - that's not down to him - we simply don't have enough jam to cover all of the toast.

Salvation is only available in the window - until then, we try our best to hang in there.

We're one point off where we need to be.

We could fall below Watford today 😔

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Havnt read much on here but the only thing that worries me here is Taylor at left wing back!

Agreed but we have no other option mate.

Obviously Targett would be the perfect option in this set up.

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Been calling for a 5 at the back for months so I’m happy he is trying it.

Strange to fit Trez in there though, think he’ll be up top with Wesley? 

Trez is a wierd one. Maybe he'll head another one in today.

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The thing with Norwich is they are all in it together and have the team spirit and effort - we had that earlier in the season but now look to have imploded and roll over very easily .

not giving 100% is unacceptable 

I wonder what is going behind closed doors

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I am not sure I agree with that.....I get we was in dire straits, but 15 mill for Luiz and 14 Mill for Target......18 mill for the 2 wingers.

we have certainly played over the odds for what we see at present.

Luiz will come good. He is a 21 year old Brazilian making his way in the hardest league in the world. Targett has hardly played for two years.

Trezeguet yes looks poor but even he is bringing in millions of fans from Egypt so he has value to the club at least. 

wesley is probably the only questionable signing from the summer imo of course.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ultimately, whatever Smith does today can't please everyone - that's not down to him - we simply don't have enough jam to cover all of the toast.

Salvation is only available in the window - until then, we try our best to hang in there.

We're one point off where we need to be.

and the 64 mill dollar question is will be buy the players to cover the rest of the toast or do we just put more jam on the same area's of toast, still leaving toast exposed just the same.

It all depends on the type of player he buys