Pre match thread

lukesmith17

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Am I the only one that thinks Kodjia is also **** useless since his injury? I remember it being a much more widespread opinion when he was getting minutes in the championship.

I don’t rate him either tbh. But Kodjia at 30% still offers more threat than our current incumbent. 

Kodjia must be gone in January. I just can’t understand this. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

We need to end the bad run and a change formation & tactics was required as 433 wasn’t working out ... which is what he has done and now smith is apparently in panic mode ... WTF 

Change the formation - Yes, fine. Playing Taylor as a wing back and picking Wesley every week? Inexcusable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

'Smith has no plan B'

'Our squad suits 3 at the back'

Smith changes it:

'Smith has lost the plot'

'obviously fearing for his job'

I love you lot. 

I can safely say we are having 0 shots on target 

We are playing with 9 men essentially

Expect aimless passing from Nakamba, Luiz will just watch everyone stroll past him as usual

Wesley up top, literally no words for that decision. No goals in 12 and he gets another start. I would have left him at home

This is going to be tragic 

• Sad 2

3-4-3 it is.

People have been calling for 3 at the back and I’m excited to see if we adapt. The Targett injury was poor timing, would love to see him at WB. 

Edited by AV82
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

By saying changes, Most of us asked for Jack playing as an 8 and playing Kodjia up front.

Looks like Smith will try to park the bus like he did against Sheff Utd. And we all know how that ended.

Exactly this for me 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We need to end the bad run and a change formation & tactics was required as 433 wasn’t working out ... which is what he has done and now smith is apparently in panic mode ... WTF 

Yes. When managers make drastic changes as soon as they enter the relegation zone it comes across as panicking to me. Lambert used to do it too. Should have stuck with a more similar formation to 4-3-3 and just made subtle changes. Our whole squad is drilled to play 4-3-3, they won't have a clue what they're doing in this game and we're going to get battered.

If I'm wrong I'll happily eat humble pie, and £10 to VT if we don't lose by at least 3 goals. 

Edited by PieFacE

1 minute ago, av1 said:

'Smith has no plan B'

Smith changes it:

I love you lot. 

That’s what I was thinking. I thought people wanted him to try and change things, and now he has and it’s ‘panic mode’?

Ah well, I don’t expect us to win, but a good performance at least would be slightly heartening. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who would people have preferred at the left wing back position?

I think the only real alternative would be Guilbert on his wrong side with Elmo playing on the right.

Agreed.

I did like the idea of giving Hause a go out left, but that's when I expected is to have a back 4.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

'Smith has no plan B'

Smith changes it:

I love you lot. 

Yeah complete idiocy.

We have all been saying we should try something new, we are, just a pity we don't have the players to suit it in some positions currently (Taylor).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who would people have preferred at the left wing back position?

I think the only real alternative would be Guilbert on his wrong side with Elmo playing on the right.

Exactly. You know what (and I'm maybe clutching at straws here), Taylor may be better in this formation. 

The problem with Taylor is that he seems scared to attack incase he loses the ball, this formation kind of gives him a little less defensive responsibility, or at least more defensive help. That may well give him more confidence to attack.