195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

If our owners think that we will have a better chance of survival with someone else in charge then he will go, they've haven't put in all the money into the club that they have just to see us get relegated after one season back in the premier league. I don't think he will go just yet, but he's probably closer to losing his job than some might think.

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

If our owners think that we will have a better chance of survival with someone else in charge then he will go, they've haven't put in all the money into the club that they have just to see us get relegated after one season back in the premier league. I don't think he will go just yet, but he's probably closer to losing his job than some might think.

A similar defeat at burnley to what we saw today may well be the final chapter 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Does anybody seriously think Smith is going to be sacked in the near future? Let’s say by the end of January.  

I think there is zero chance of that happening.  Sounds like people are keen for a change but do they think the board will, I don’t.  Feels like this thread is redundant because despite some of the fans wanting a change it isn’t going to happen.

These are billionaires with an asset that will potentially lose a lot of value if something doesn't change soon. They need to make a decision soon and I think everyone at the club knows it. If Smith is still here come the end of january he will be here till the end imo. I cant see him making it past a defeat at burnley personally. 

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Does anybody seriously think Smith is going to be sacked in the near future? Let’s say by the end of January.  

I think there is zero chance of that happening.  Sounds like people are keen for a change but do they think the board will, I don’t.  Feels like this thread is redundant because despite some of the fans wanting a change it isn’t going to happen.

Did anyone think spurs would sack poch ? 
‘the owners should be asking serious questions of whether smith can get us out of this - things change quickly in football and it would not be at all surprising to see smith depart , far more likely now than the end of January  when the transfer window is over  

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Urgh calls for Hughton? Does no one remember how truly awful his Brighton team were? They didn't even try to have shots on goal.

Yes they were poor back end of the season. Before then he'd done a very good job.

As a short term option to simply keep us up I don't think he'd be the worst choice.

I personally think Pochettino is slightly overrated people talk about him as if he performed miracles at Spurs but he didn't win anything and there's this idea that he established them as a champions league club, but they were already regularly qualifying before he arrived there so I think that that's a slight myth. If Manchester United want to get back to their form glories I'm not sure he's the right man for them.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

I personally think Pochettino is slightly overrated people talk about him as if he performed miracles at Spurs but he didn't win anything and there's this idea that he established them as a champions league club, but they were already regularly qualifying before he arrived there so I think that that's a slight myth. If Manchester United want to get back to their form glories I'm not sure he's the right man for them.

They just played in CL in 10/11 from that period.

Pochettino qualified them for CL in 4 out of his 5 full seasons in charge. Probably wouldn't have done it this season (although Spurs have won a couple of games under Mourinho and actually would've gone 4th with a win at Norwich) but generally agreed he just burnt out this season.

Jardim now available. I'd seriously consider him.

https://www.france24.com/en/20191228-monaco-fire-coach-leonardo-jardim-again

Leonardo Jardim has been fired by Monaco just over a year since he was previously sent packing, a source close to the club told AFP on Saturday.

To general surprise the 45-year-old was reappointed in January, just three months after he was sacked and replaced by Thierry Henry, who oversaw a disastrous tenure.

French sports newspaper L'Equipe are reporting Jardim will be replaced by the Spaniard Marcelino, who led Valencia to the Spanish Cup before getting fired for rowing with the club's owners in September.

It's actually Roberto Moreno who's taking over not Marcelinho. That's another left field option I've suggested.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

These are billionaires with an asset that will potentially lose a lot of value if something doesn't change soon. They need to make a decision soon and I think everyone at the club knows it. If Smith is still here come the end of january he will be here till the end imo. I cant see him making it past a defeat at burnley personally. 

I can. Fortunately I think we got very sensible ownership who understands the importance of long term thinking, continuity and following a set plan. A few disgruntled fans who will bitch and moan no matter what don't interest them a whole lot. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Did anyone think spurs would sack poch ? 
‘the owners should be asking serious questions of whether smith can get us out of this - things change quickly in football and it would not be at all surprising to see smith depart , far more likely now than the end of January  when the transfer window is over  

But obviously they had Mourinho in the bag given how quickly he was announced.  Can’t see this board ditching Smith for a journey man like Sam or other.  The only way I see them doing that is if was for Poch or somebody of that quality which I doubt will happen.  Smith isn’t going anywhere IMO.

You seriously not gonna add any more options to that poll?

It's like asking people what their favorite food is and only having these 5 options.

• Meat
  • Paella
  • The stuff you scrape out of the fryer when you make fish& chips
  • Snails
  • Or cake that's gone bad
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I can. Fortunately I think we got very sensible ownership who understands the importance of long term thinking, continuity and following a set plan. A few disgruntled fans who will bitch and moan no matter what don't interest them a whole lot. 

Long term thinking , continuity , set plan ? The football side is a total shambles , including the manager , Suso , staff and playing squad - if purslow cannot address that then maybe he also needs looking at .

• Confused 1

The kneejerk reactionist in me wants blood after witnessing such abysmal performances lately, especially today but there's some reason I can't quantify that makes me think Smith will turn this around if given time. Could be just naivety on my part or maybe Im just afraid of getting into that Allardyce, Pardew, Moyes merry-go-round where we perpetually sign players to keep us up from year or year till we go down again eventually and maybe go bankrupt again. 

In saying that it's becoming unbearable to watch the "performances" at the moment, we're making our direct relegation rivals look like top 4 teams. 

I don't know what to think anymore. 

Just now, sne said:

You seriously not gonna add any more options to that poll?

It's like asking people what their favorite food is and only having these 5 options.

• Meat
  • Paella
  • The stuff you scrape out of the fryer when you make fish& chips
  • Snails
  • Or cake that's gone bad

Really needs to remove the managers who obviously won’t come (or add Pep, Sir Alex Ferguson and Bill Shankley).

Â