195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

Just now, Genie said:

This is what I don’t understand. Current style of play is absolute dog turd. Why are people so protective of it? 🤷‍♂️ 

Because Dean is a boyhood Villa fan.

If he was a Scotsman with grey hair and a thick accent these same people would be bashing him.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

If he was a Scotsman with grey hair and a thick accent these same people would be bashing him.

I know, but the main argument against someone like Sam is his trademark pragmatic style of play. That’s an improvement on what we currently have, as was said many times during the matches, it’s not even clear what our side is trying to do.

• Like 2

I would be very happy with Rafa but I don’t think he would come - why repeat the Newcastle nightmare?

I would also be very happy with Hughton. 

So there is probably the answer.

Unfortunately I can’t register this on the the poll.

So the poll is about as badly set up as most of our starting XIs atm.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Only just realized there was a poll, I voted for Pochettino, as I think the feel good factor and the buzz that his appointment would generate would get us to safety by itself before you even begin to think about what a good manager that he is. Would be a surprise to get him though, the closest to him that we might be able to get is probably the already mentioned Gallardo.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Only just realized there was a poll, I voted for Pochettino, as I think the feel good factor and the buzz that his appointment would generate would get us to safety by itself before you even begin to think about what a good manager that he is. Would be a surprise to get him though, the closest to him that we might be able to get is probably the already mentioned Gallardo.

Poch will be looking at clubs like Man United, Real Madrid, PSG for his next job. His name shouldn’t be anywhere near this thread.

• Like 2

Does anybody seriously think Smith is going to be sacked in the near future? Let’s say by the end of January.  

I think there is zero chance of that happening.  Sounds like people are keen for a change but do they think the board will, I don’t.  Feels like this thread is redundant because despite some of the fans wanting a change it isn’t going to happen.

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Has absolutely nothing to do with it. 

A few on this site actually understands that we got limited players and a very thin squad. Thus any manager we got will face the same problems. 

Lets just assume we get in a manager like Posch or Wilder for that matter (because everyone has been wanking over him for a month), do you suddenly think our players like Elmo, El Ghazi, Lansbury, Hourihane, Jota, will adapt to high pressure intensive physical football? No ofc. they won't. Because they don't have it in them. We got the players we got. Let Deano work this stuff out. 

He got us promoted. He was given a difficult task of rebuilding an entire team or even club. We spent £ 127 million this summer on 10 players after basically having the squad shredded. This sounds a lot, but in a market where McGuire was sold for £ 85 million it's really not. We ended up being forced to buy in a different quality shop than we probably wanted. The only legitimate complain we can have is Wesley. 

To now wanting him sacked because we have a tough run of results is just pathetic. Especially when we know we faced the exact same stuff last season, and we came back from it. I also remember the same people here talking about having him sacked last January.

And all of this is after half a season is done and we are 1 or 2 points from the spot we should be content with, i.e. survival. 

Pathetic. 

• Like 2

Â