195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

We should stick with deano.

Yeah he needs to sort some stuff out BADLY, but on balance I think sticking with him is the right thing for now.

If anyone is talking about Allardyce etc etc etc, I would rather get relegated with deano and give him the chance to turn it around.

The only caveat to this is if we could pursuade someone like Poch, saying keep us up and you will get a blank chequebook next season to push top 6.

Yes I agree its 99% unlikely someone like Poch would come to us, but also remember he took over Spurs when they were mid table and has had virtually no money the entire time at Spurs, he didn't start there as a top draw manager.

The offer to manage a sleeping giant with a blank chequebook may entice him, but yeah.....I agree the chances would be one in a million.

So failing a real marquee manager, we are just better sticking with deano and letting the club rebuild even if that means another relegation and then hopefully another promotion.

Absolutely zero point in sacking another manager and going for someone in the Allardyce/Pulis mould, completely the wrong move, and the mistake we have made over and over for about the last 10 years.

We either need to stick with deano or go all out on a big name, there is no in between for me tbh.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You understand he's going to be in the running when the man United our Madrid jobs become available, right?

even better! compo for the cofferes when they come running.

and if he only wants a tinder fling we can give him a deal to the end of may.

• Haha 1

Would love Rafa ,  think Sean dyche more realistic though but I’d be open to big Sam short term if necessary .

i think Sean dyche would take it if offered  and maybe have a similar effect to graham taylor in sorting out the playing side and organising us 

Edited by Eastie

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You understand he's going to be in the running when the man United our Madrid jobs become available, right?

Amazingly, yes these people do, yet still waste their time debating on whether he would be better suited to a relegation dogfight than Rafa

I'd go for Marcelinho.

Out of work but finished top 4 with Valencia and won Copa Del Rey with them last season (beat Barcelona in the final). We're not talking about a manager who's good work was a decade ago. He also took Villareal into the CL I think.

Marcelo Gallardo would also be an exciting choice.

Of the boring domestic options I'd be o.k with Chris Hughton for 18 months.

• Like 3

Just now, VillaChris said:

I'd go for Marcelinho.

Out of work but finished top 4 with Valencia and won Copa Del Rey with them last season (beat Barcelona in the final). We're not talking about a manager who's good work was a decade ago. He also took Villareal into the CL I think.

Marcelo Gallardo would also be an exciting choice.

Of the boring domestic options I'd be o.k with Chris Hughton for 18 months.

Are they quick fixes though?

Just now, villalad21 said:

Are they quick fixes though?

Tim Sherwood was a quick fix. I loved the short term boost but ultimately the long term damage took a good two years to recover from.

We could appoint a Pulis and Big Sam and stay up. Trouble for me is we'd then be grateful for them saving us (I'd imagine either would get an 18 month deal) and so we'd then spend 100m on incredibly mediocre players. Just like Tim Sherwood.

It shouldn't be impossible to sign a manager who can keep us up and then start building something for next two years. Southampton did that all those years ago when they sacked Nigel Adkins who'd promoted them two leagues and appointed an unknown called Pochettino. He comfortably kept them up and lifted them to the edge of the top 6 the next season.

You could also look at Nuno. Wolves appointed him, he got them up with ease and they're a comfortable top 8 team now in the premier league.

These managers are out there but the board needs to put the work in to find him unlike Lerner who made some awful choices.

• Like 1

I would expect the standard mistake of Terry taking over, getting a few early results, being awarded the job permanently and then go on a 10 game losing streak. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Would love Rafa ,  think Sean dyche more realistic though but I’d be open to big Sam short term if necessary .

i think Sean dyche would take it if offered  and maybe have a similar effect to graham taylor in sorting out the playing side and organising us 

Would want none of those three

Just now, holteend1982 said:

Big Sam for me. I don't care how we stay up as long as we do. Smith is costing us to many points unfortunately, he's way out his depth in this division. 

This is surreal to me, seeing so many want Big Sam......I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the Villa

• Like 1

Â