Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Match Polls  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/11/19 at 23:59

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Wes was shit. He's a **** passenger and replacing him has to be the priority in Jan. 

I take question dean's game management, I think we got away with that. Once again McGinn was dead on his feet and our forward line offered nothing, but he brought no subs on until the death? It's mental. 

How did we get away with it, the 11 on the pitch were still creating the better chances and for the most part keeping newcastle at arms length?

In injury time Mcginn was still bursting forward, should have played in guilbert for a 1 on 1, then hit the post at the end.

Lack of subs has been a valid criticism, but not tonight. 

• Like 1

We were ok. We will need to play better and cut out the sloppy passing against better sides. Newcastle are awful, how the hell are they above us?! Almiron and Joelinton are shocking players.

Mings and Mcginn were both poor today.

Luiz, Targett and Grealish the standout players. Grealish is simply on another level, what a talent. We’re so reliant on him still. 

Wesley is f****** dreadful. We’re winning games in spite of him. I genuinely think we’d be 5/6 points better off with a decent striker. 

Good win. Really surprised Smith didn’t change it. We were crying out for fresh legs at the end. I love Smith but his in game management needs to get better. 

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

I mean he ran about (kept his men occupied), but that's a minimum requirement, which he hasn't been doing enough of this season. Might be a confidence issue with him, it's hard to tell. He's not in the box enough to tell.

I think Smith has accepted he comes deep and drags defenders around which is why El Ghazi is getting in to the middle so much using the space Wesley is creating. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

To the big mouthed prat behind me in the Upper Holte who decided to verbally assault me....

Yes...I was shouting at the players to sharpen up at the start of the Second half. Because it’s our Achilles heel.

But in between that I was singing my heart out, as I do, for 90 minutes, every game, Home and Away.

If you see this Post, look back at my several thousand Posts on here and see how rarely I criticise,

You spoilt my night, as you know, because I left after 55 minutes. I felt sick after that confrontation.

The first time I’ve ever left a game early

And whilst I will continue to go to the Away games, I’m not going back up the Holte as long as there is a possibility you will be there.

Sorry to hear that terrytini, hope you're ok now. And too bad a great night like tonight was spoilt for you.

• Like 4

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Smith has accepted he comes deep and drags defenders around which is why El Ghazi is getting in to the middle so much using the space Wesley is creating. 

Wesley was good tonight for the most part, he did a lot to let Grealish, Hourihane, El Ghazi and McGinn play. Unlucky he didn't nutmeg the keeper and score late on, should have probably opened his foot out but still unlucky not to score.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Weird trait for a striker though. I prefer the ones who score, don't you?

• Like 1

Just now, WakefieldVillan said:

Wes - which will be an unpopular opinion but I actually thought he did ok today (but should have scored) - I'm definitely not writing him off like many others seem to be.

Played OK,  I watched him a lot a he worked hard and was unlucky tonight not to score.  He will be a good player for us.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Wes was shit. He's a **** passenger and replacing him has to be the priority in Jan. 

I take question dean's game management, I think we got away with that. Once again McGinn was dead on his feet and our forward line offered nothing, but he brought no subs on until the death? It's mental. 

But will we give the replacement the 3-4 months he needs to settle?

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

To the big mouthed prat behind me in the Upper Holte who decided to verbally assault me....

Yes...I was shouting at the players to sharpen up at the start of the Second half. Because it’s our Achilles heel.

But in between that I was singing my heart out, as I do, for 90 minutes, every game, Home and Away.

If you see this Post, look back at my several thousand Posts on here and see how rarely I criticise,

You spoilt my night, as you know, because I left after 55 minutes. I felt sick after that confrontation.

The first time I’ve ever left a game early

And whilst I will continue to go to the Away games, I’m not going back up the Holte as long as there is a possibility you will be there.

What happened mate. I stopped sitting in the Holte years ago because of idiots like this. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I do but we haven’t got any so you have to work with what you have. 

I guess so, typical Villa! Either we need to buy some new players who suit his game and can help him score, or he needs replacing because he doesn't do enough as a number 9, in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Knew it was ours when andy Carrol came on 

He was so rubbish. So funny seeing Steve’s good old tactics of chasing a game by bringing on a unit and hoofing it forward. Totally nullified any threat they had!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wesley is f****** dreadful. We’re winning games in spite of him. I genuinely think we’d be 5/6 points better off with a decent striker. 

Conceding goals especially from winning positions has cost us points. We're =7th for goals scored and were 5th before City game

• Like 1

Â