Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Match Polls  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/11/19 at 23:59

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

Yup. Should have been sustained joy and noise in the stadium. Because of VAR, the celebration was staggered. Why was the goal reviewed? Is every goal reviewed?

Yes, every goal is reviewed.

He was miles onside, I think the only person that actualy thought he might be offside was El Ghazi himself because he was in so much space. No flag from the lino, ref had a quick glance in his direction and was heading back to the centre circle for the kick off. If El Ghazi had just ran off celebrating everyone else would have joined in

To echo previous comments – genuinely sorry to hear you had your night ruined by a moron, @terrytini. If at all possible, when you feel ready, perhaps you could try to turn a crap experience into some kind of positive. Say goodbye to the Holte Upper rather than the whole of Villa Park and spend the next few months on a tour of other stands and tiers to find your new favourite spot. It might even be a breath of fresh air! (And, if nothing else, you’ll definitely be closer to the pitch). You’re absolutely right about the first ten minutes of the second half, by the way. If ever there was a time the players needed telling to wake up, that was it. I think you’ll be very welcome wherever you end up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, limpid said:

Your ratings and reactions please. Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

The players' names will be added to the poll when a mod gets chance.

It's about time that we started to analise whether Anwar El Ghasi could be the solution to our centre forward dilemma. He's strong and physical and has the natural instinct to be in the right place in the box at the right time. He has the ability to be the next Ruud Van Nistelrooy. 

17 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Hello. I’ve had quite a reaction to my Post last night so thought it best to use the same Forum to thank everyone and give an update.

So, thanks everyone, the reaction on here ( including personal messages) quite took me aback. Took the edge off a very unpleasant night.

I have replied to one guy in detail so will paste a bit of that here.

I’ve been told today by a guy I stand by that he knew him from years back and took him to task after I left, along with a few others in the informal “ group” of us, that he was drunk, that he apologised and has offered to apologise to me direct. Additionally he usually sits elsewhere in the Holte ( which is why I’ve not previously met him) so it looks like there is no issue with me using my usual seat. 

Except that at present I can’t see myself returning. I can be pretty black and white, and each time I consider it, I’m saying “ Nah”. Not due to him personally, but how it’s left me feeling.

That's been offset by the reaction of people such as yourself, but it’s still my dominant feeling, we will see I guess.”

I moved twenty or so Rows back when we got Relegated specifically to be where i could stand and sing through the whole 90 minutes. Over the course of that Season a good, funny, supportive, singing bond developed in that area. I think the Championship and the troubles we were in helped forge it. As such it’s where I will go, if I go, particularly as the guy in question won’t after all be over my shoulder.

Nevertheless I’d thank people for their advice, offers, and suggestions. It genuinely has helped.

One thing....I’m quite suprised at the number of people ( on here and personally) who have offered up similar stories of their own. It seems it may be something of an issue. Those that get involved with the Club might consider whether there’s something of interest there ? I hate to think of anyone feeling how I felt last night.

Anyway, I’ll say no more ! Thanks again VT. 👍

Your emotions are probably still pretty raw and I think you'll get more comfortable with returning over the next week or two, but if I can add my two cents...Don't let one dick ruin your experience of going to Villa Park and watching the Villa if it makes you happy otherwise. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Watched the first half on my phone on a boat between glances at the scenery on the way to a snorkeling excursion outside Cabo San Lucas, much to my wife’s chagrin.  I thought we were totally dominant but having difficulty turning the dominance into threats.   Grealish showed what a difference he makes by earning those free kicks even though we weren’t really looking like scoring from open play.  And Hourihane reminded what he adds to the lineup.  Great selection to put him in in place of Marvelous for this match.  The halftime whistle blew  right as we reached our destination, with Villa comfortably on top and, unlike other matches I’ve watched part of, I had little anxiety about them throwing the points away this time.   When I came back out of the water and saw the score there was no feeling of surprise or relief.  That was a nice feeling.

How the other half live.lol......hurry up back for the election.lol

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Hello. I’ve had quite a reaction to my Post last night so thought it best to use the same Forum to thank everyone and give an update.

So, thanks everyone, the reaction on here ( including personal messages) quite took me aback. Took the edge off a very unpleasant night.

I have replied to one guy in detail so will paste a bit of that here.

I’ve been told today by a guy I stand by that he knew him from years back and took him to task after I left, along with a few others in the informal “ group” of us, that he was drunk, that he apologised and has offered to apologise to me direct. Additionally he usually sits elsewhere in the Holte ( which is why I’ve not previously met him) so it looks like there is no issue with me using my usual seat. 

Except that at present I can’t see myself returning. I can be pretty black and white, and each time I consider it, I’m saying “ Nah”. Not due to him personally, but how it’s left me feeling.

That's been offset by the reaction of people such as yourself, but it’s still my dominant feeling, we will see I guess.”

I moved twenty or so Rows back when we got Relegated specifically to be where i could stand and sing through the whole 90 minutes. Over the course of that Season a good, funny, supportive, singing bond developed in that area. I think the Championship and the troubles we were in helped forge it. As such it’s where I will go, if I go, particularly as the guy in question won’t after all be over my shoulder.

Nevertheless I’d thank people for their advice, offers, and suggestions. It genuinely has helped.

One thing....I’m quite suprised at the number of people ( on here and personally) who have offered up similar stories of their own. It seems it may be something of an issue. Those that get involved with the Club might consider whether there’s something of interest there ? I hate to think of anyone feeling how I felt last night.

Anyway, I’ll say no more ! Thanks again VT. 👍

Terry, I think most of us have had issues over the years of a similar nature, ignore it mate....We need fans like you.

oh and by the way, I have heard your voice at the back of the Holte and tipped Simon Cowell to get In touch😀

ps You know the saying....." When the beer is in, the brains are out"

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

I have to say, I felt a bit deflated after the game to hear comments about Newcastle being poor.

They have just had back to back wins, beat Man Utd and Arsenal.....so why are folk so quick to demote a team that's just got beat by us.....it does seem a trend actually.

Had Villa turned up like they did against Wolves, Newcastle would have won....I'm sure about that.

No we won, because we played a lot better....yes Jack was a big part of that.....but winning headed duels, slicker crosses and moving the ball better was also a significant part.

I thought Konsa and the 2 full backs did well.....probably one of the best games I have seen from Jack too, Despite his encouraging consistency.....I think he is still getting better.....an absolute thoroughbred of a player.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, jazzman said:

It's about time that we started to analise whether Anwar El Ghasi could be the solution to our centre forward dilemma. He's strong and physical and has the natural instinct to be in the right place in the box at the right time. He has the ability to be the next Ruud Van Nistelrooy. 

Its funny, I mooted That tonight in the pub.....I think its an option certainly.

Don't give up on Wes, I think he will improve......I also think Wes's presence alone is causing the opposition concerns and allowing space for our supporting players.

He is not there yet, granted.....but he is doing work that is valuable to the team.

If he was not there, the opposition centre backs would have more freedom to tackle SJM, Jack and ElGhazi.....He allows them space.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Its funny, I mooted That tonight in the pub.....I think its an option certainly.

Don't give up on Wes, I think he will improve......I also think Wes's presence alone is causing the opposition concerns and allowing space for our supporting players.

He is not there yet, granted.....but he is doing work that is valuable to the team.

If he was not there, the opposition centre backs would have more freedom to tackle SJM, Jack and ElGhazi.....He allows them space.

Fully agree, i just think Davis is better at this than Wes is.  With the obvious drawback that Davis doesn't/can't finish.

If fit, given how we play, i think Davis is the better suited striker despite his lack of goals.

On 25/11/2019 at 22:03, terrytini said:

To the big mouthed prat behind me in the Upper Holte who decided to verbally assault me....

Yes...I was shouting at the players to sharpen up at the start of the Second half. Because it’s our Achilles heel.

But in between that I was singing my heart out, as I do, for 90 minutes, every game, Home and Away.

If you see this Post, look back at my several thousand Posts on here and see how rarely I criticise,

You spoilt my night, as you know, because I left after 55 minutes. I felt sick after that confrontation.

The first time I’ve ever left a game early

And whilst I will continue to go to the Away games, I’m not going back up the Holte as long as there is a possibility you will be there.

Such a shame to hear this Terry. I had a similar experience a few years ago when I was on my own and late to my seat (by a min or two) so apologised to the people in my row as I squeezed past everyone was fine but one bloke went mental and was pretty horrible, called me all sorts of names. So I watched the rest of the game inside on the tv and it took me, from memory... about 18 months to go back to VP. I have a massive fear of crowds anyway, so it wasn’t the best experience!

Anyway, I would say from my own experience, I wish I hadn’t taken me so long to go back. So I would encourage you to go back as soon as you can, and maybe sit in a different seat or stand? All the best bud

• Like 1

If you look at that final passage of play on the highlights, a couple of terrible decisions there.

Grealish runs with the ball and could put Wesley clean through but doesn't, then Grealish could have immediately put Guilbert in on the overlap but doesn't and instead passes sideways to Mcginn, who then exchange a couple of passes and Mcginn fires wide.

Not taking away from the overall good play in the match, but that little passage is painful to watch, I hope Deano notices it and says....you had two good passes on Jack, you should habe used one of them.

I usually go onto the fan forums after games and in this case it was Newcastles fan forum. I don't think I've ever seen such a bunch of awful disgusting comments from a section of fans as I have on there site. Usually you get a majority admitting they were outclassed. The title alone says it all and I thought there would be some words against Smith but as you can guess its Grealish at the centre of it. Even Wesley gets a mention for (being a nasty Bas***d) so he must of had an affect in the game that they didnt like or some of our fans disnt notice, his presence must be doing something. The real awful stuff is on the 4th and 5th page talking about us Brummies being molested, pops up often and it's that sad it's worth laughing at that a bunch of fans lower themselves to that point. Back to Jack, according to there fans he's a cheater, diver that the push wasn't even a push (More of the usual) but what's funny is they really couldn't stand our fans singing about Jack for ages, which show our fans singing really does there nut in.

There fans are now trying to own the cabbage comment on Bruce, it's rife through there forum, they forget it was born at Villa

https://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/38591-vile-words removed-v-bruces-band-of-bastards/

Â