Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Match Polls  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/11/19 at 23:59

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sorry to read that mate, I really am.

I was at Bolton, on my own, in the McLeish era (oh, the glory days) and in the khazi before the game someone asked me about how I thought we'd get on.  I said we needed to win because we'd got some hard games coming up but that this wouldn't be easy.

Some other fella overheard and went mad at me.  "We're the Villa, we should be beating anyone.  We don't need people like you here," amongst other things.  I didn't go to a match for a couple of years after that.

I've never shared that story before.

I’m sorry to hear that....but at least it means I know you know exactly how I feel. Which helps 👍

I’ve had a couple of people suggest stuff to the effect “ it’s not worth it” “ don’t let it stop you” etc....which makes sense and is probably good advice but I am made the way I am, and that guy utterly crushed my desire to be there tonight.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I’m sorry to hear that....but at least it means I know you know exactly how I feel. Which helps 👍

I’ve had a couple of people suggest stuff to the effect “ it’s not worth it” “ don’t let it stop you” etc....which makes sense and is probably good advice but I am made the way I am, and that guy utterly crushed my desire to be there tonight.

I hate bullies & he sounds like a bully to me Terry. 

Confrontation can be traumatizing and bullies just want to terrorize - that's their goal. To create fear because thats the language they understand because they are scared little timid cowards themselves. 

When you're ready to think about going back, imagine how small and pathetic that guys life is that he has to harass a stranger at a football game that supports the same team as him.

• Like 4

I thought we were very good, patient, controlled and dominant in the first half. They rolled their sleeves up at the start of the second half, but we looked the more likely scorers throughout - very pleasing.

My thanks too to the idiot who decided to close the A34 for some roadworks tonight.

39 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Far too casual for this level. Needs to nip that trait in the bud ASAP. 

I think he was carrying a knock of some sort....seemed to be his groin troubling him....I thought he was going to come off.

49 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Targett and Guilbert were very good tonight. I know they’re not perfect, but how nice is it to have two fullbacks that can actually defend AND attack? 

I'm glad you mentioned that.....both made a good contribution.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think he was carrying a knock of some sort....seemed to be his groin troubling him....I thought he was going to come off.

He's had it for most of the season it seems.

If we're safe by mid April wouldn't surprise me if he then had an operation although that would likely rule him out of euro 2020.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He's had it for most of the season it seems.

If we're safe by mid April wouldn't surprise me if he then had an operation although that would likely rule him out of euro 2020.

Its a shame, because he don't look his usual self.

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sorry to read that mate, I really am.

I was at Bolton, on my own, in the McLeish era (oh, the glory days) and in the khazi before the game someone asked me about how I thought we'd get on.  I said we needed to win because we'd got some hard games coming up but that this wouldn't be easy.

Some other fella overheard and went mad at me.  "We're the Villa, we should be beating anyone.  We don't need people like you here," amongst other things.  I didn't go to a match for a couple of years after that.

I've never shared that story before.

you can't get your breath at some people......its as if you can't say the slightest thing without it Peeing  on their chips.

I guess some folk are just not capable of social tolerance.

I would advise anyone to not continue a conversation with those types.....but don't show fear, they wallow in it.

I was a publican for over 10 years,in city pubs so I have seen a bit of life.....don't let them disrupt your life or your support in your club.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I was at the game and I thought wesley was great the defenders couldn't handle him he had a bit of a strop at about 60 minutes and should have scored at the death but 9 times out of 10 the keeper dives to the back post and wes' shots is an easy goal quite unlucky.

Aside from that my only real criticism aside from the continuous ones nor subbing early, lack of movement etc. Was grealish and mcginn both could have played wesley in 3 or 4 times for 1 on 1s and he is pretty good at them.

Once again villa fans scapegoating a goal scorer and a good performance by wesley. Very disappointed really our 2 worst players were easily mings and mcginn but everyone is complaining about 2 of our better performances. Think grealish makes all the difference for them as well

I'm unhappy I can only like this once

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

That's Ironic, because you don't criticise.

You shouldn't have to do that....Report it to the club.

If you don't go back , he has won.....don't let him win. I think the club will advise you to go back to your seat, they will monitor his behaviour.

Cheers mate 👍

Watched the first half on my phone on a boat between glances at the scenery on the way to a snorkeling excursion outside Cabo San Lucas, much to my wife’s chagrin.  I thought we were totally dominant but having difficulty turning the dominance into threats.   Grealish showed what a difference he makes by earning those free kicks even though we weren’t really looking like scoring from open play.  And Hourihane reminded what he adds to the lineup.  Great selection to put him in in place of Marvelous for this match.  The halftime whistle blew  right as we reached our destination, with Villa comfortably on top and, unlike other matches I’ve watched part of, I had little anxiety about them throwing the points away this time.   When I came back out of the water and saw the score there was no feeling of surprise or relief.  That was a nice feeling.

• Like 2

Â