Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Threads  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/19 at 23:59

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hatred for Taylor? because I dont agree with you on this point.  I have no issue with Taylor generally but I have watched it back and for me it was his fault.  We did have chance to rescue it after that but it started with him.

You are right I may have assumed your bias against him because you are so wrong on this point.

Just now, villalad21 said:

I actually agree.

Targett got completely destroyed by Adama all game.

Bit harsh, he was only on the field for 45 minutes, and he was playing with a possible concussion for the latter part of those 45.

• Like 1

Shocking first half performance not helped by injuries, much better second half and probably on top overall in the 2nd half but wolves are as tough as old boots, our impotece up top was magnified by their resoluteness. Personally not that worried by today, bad day at the office. 

Luiz, excellent passing but soft in defense, why he didn't drag Adama down and take a yellow I don't know. 

McGinn, not good today, tried as usual but was too deep to be effective. 

Wesley,, had one of his poorer games, that miss when trez cut it in to him was a particular lowlight. 

Konsa, best player today in my opinion apart from getting skinned late on in the game under immense pressure. Will be a fine centre half in years to come. 

Trez, tried his best and worried wolves going forward but very slow to come back and defend at times. 

I think that performance illustrates the paucity of our squad.

We have a small number of good, even excellent, players, but too many who are just not good enough for the PL, and a few who are only really good enough to be squad players.

We need to buy expensively and wisely in January. 

I am not sure we bought as well as we could have with the money we spent in the summer.

• Like 3

Throwing it out there - even our fans were subdued today, can only remember hearing us 3 or 4 times whereas wolves were in good voice

Very strange game, hopefully to be taken in isolation, wolves formation murdered us, we were a mess, couldn't get to grips with it in minute 1 or minute 90, should have scored more, we couldn't press as a team and looked like we were chasing shadows making us look very very lazy especially up top

The main problem I think we had is that we tried to match wolves intensity, we played too fast but whereas wolves had the quality and the space out wide we made it look rushed and Aimless, again making our top 3 look lazy, we gave them a lot of shit to chase today, very little good passing, we needed to put our foot on the ball and slow it down, obviously missed grealish but mcginn was poor, Luiz followed suit, Nakamba was OK off the ball but poor on it 

Good to see VAR get the no penalty for us right, it was a great tackle, their reaction to no handball was a farce 

On to a game where we know if the manager does smash us tactically then we really are in the shit 

29 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Last international break came as we were in a roll. This one is a bit different  How quickly the season can change. Injuries were eventually going to come into play and this week off will be very beneficial. Glad we got the goal back and never quit. Really hope the owners can spend another 10 to 20 million this January. 

Don't think we brought very smartly in the summer to be honest. Too many players need to over perform to pass as adequate at this level

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Don't think we brought very smartly in the summer to be honest. Too many players need to over perform to pass as adequate at this level

With the amount of work our squad needed we did about as well as any fan of a promoted team could ask for. We massively outspent the other two promoted sides. 

It was always going to be a big step up where we would lose more than we won. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

We lost this game because of our poor first-half and impotence going forward. 

Wesley an hold the ball up well but he's not a goalscorer (at the moment) and this is hurting us.

Trezeguet stand-out player for me although again like El Ghazi should be making better decisions. 

Konsa looked comfortable. 

I think the difference was, as I said in the pre-match thread, they have had a system that works implemented far longer than we have even been together.

I think Smith has to take responsibility for today's performance. I don't think the players we had on the pitch were prepared well enough for what was coming.

I thought we had as much talent as them out there, and had our assembly and approach  been better, we might of had a bit more life and purpose in that first half.

I'm a huge fan of Smith, and it's been disappointing to drop results because of players making individual errors. Today I think Smith needs to put his hand up.

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

terrible subs by smith lansbury should of replaced luiz who doesn't want to be here.

I don’t get that sense, he certainly doesn’t display that attitude. He has to play a lot better to secure a move away to a better team.

Edited by thunderball

28 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

With the amount of work our squad needed we did about as well as any fan of a promoted team could ask for. We massively outspent the other two promoted sides. 

It was always going to be a big step up where we would lose more than we won. 

We massively outspent Sheffield United and look how well they’ve started - we bought too many players untried at this level and from other countries - it can take a long time to settle and maybe some will never be good enough at this level 

Â