Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Threads  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/19 at 23:59

Frankly a disgusting effort 1st half, didnt want to run, tackle or get stuck in

Better 2nd half although still some utterly stupid play, some of the decision making was so poor

Too many players not stepping up with jack out. Mcginn was pathetic

• Like 2

I've been really positive with my posts this season if you look at them but that was awful.

I gave Trez MoM but only because of the goal.  I dont think anybody deserved a satisfaction rating.  I maybe over reacting but even when we have lost this season I havent felt like I do after this game.  Wolves were far better, we looked exhausted, tactically naive, lacking idea's, defensively awful and at times like we didnt know what to do with a football when we got it.

Very disappointed....not at losing but the manner we lost.  We may have been missing three key players but there is no excuse for how the players played.

I knew we'd have bad games this season and hopefully that was one of them so I'm going to believe it was a blip but jeez I am angry at the moment.

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Taylor needs to be sold, released or shot. Pick one. 

He was fine today. Certainly no worse than Targett.

Really poor performance. We were way off in the first half and so were always catching up from there. Poor decision making, sloppy passing and not as committed as Wolves. We left ourselves isolated too often - sometimes because we weren't pressing enough, and other times because we just weren't up to the pace - and were lucky to be only one down at half time.

Second half we were pushing more and as they tired, we looked likely to get back into it as they tired and backed off a bit. I've been really frustrated with Wesley as he's been too slow to get himself into positions to challenge at times, and isn't quick enough to offer down the channels, but he seemed to up his game a little. He's still a long way off the finished article though. However, despite a few tricks and his goal today, Trez isn't good enough, and El Ghazi wasn't particularly in the game, so we still looked somewhat toothless.

Perhaps most disappointingly of all, McGinn was incredibly poor today. Not on the ball enough, and making his typically energetic runs but often at the wrong times and into the wrong places. Too slow to release the ball at times too, and when it came to their second he was clearly blowing (despite having nothing to show for it) and couldn't get back on the cover. Douglas more to blame there though obviously, as that was the worse of many instances in the game of us not being committed enough in challenges - unfortunately those that are more willing to get stuck in, Guilbert and Nakamba, got booked early on.

Not a disaster by any means and we're not among the three worst teams in the division. But we're going to have to up our game. Hopefully we can regroup over the break, Grealish can recover and we can get a result against Newcastle. The pressure's on though considering the fixtures after that. I also hope we've got a striker and a winger lined up for the start of January.

Was always going to be a difficult game even if we were at full strength as Wolves are a decent side at home, this is their cup final and they (on the whole) have better players than us!

When you factor in no Grealish, Engels and Heaton being injured and then Steer and Targett going off it made the task that much harder.

Ok we lost 2-1 but we need to re-group and turn over them magpies.

Still hopeful about survival if we can get those key players fit. UTV.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Konsa, Nyland, Nakamka and surprisingly Taylor, did well

All others, worrying.

Taylor? are you kidding, I was screaming at him and the tv how bad he was.....everything he was doing was shocking

We were poor, that’s all I can be bothered to say on the matter. A day to forget, topped off by one of my clown loaches dying midway through the game. I’ve had a pair of them for 10 years. 

I hope these injuries are sorted for the Newcastle game. 

Â