Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Threads  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/19 at 23:59

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

£22m for Wesley

£4m for Jota (not a bad fee in itself - but it was always odds against him making an impact)

£9m for Konsa - might be ok in due course - but could that £9m have gone towards a player who could make an impact this season

£7m - Trez - ok 2 in 2 - but workrate seems his only attribute.

None of the above are prem quality IMO - that's a massive problem for us.

But you wouldn't want to value them after todays game.....the rag and bone man would give you a couple of gold fish in exchange.

Did Konsa not make an impact today ? Didn’t score a hatrick or punch the referee but did a thoroughly professional job which he was picked to do and which he has done in the cup games when given the chance. At least you covered yourself with ‘ might be ok in due course’

• Like 2

Extended highlights inform me that Wesley is just a hammerhead type forward. We need to get a much better all around striker than Wesley.

McGinn looked a bit off too. We need to buy about 3 players in January, and hopefully at least one grizzled Prem veteran like Snodgrass.

Work to do, but there's a 15 day stretch where everyone can reset. 

Keep the faith.

The attempted tackle on Adama was poor, but don’t forget that Adama has the ability to explode out of sight in a split second. We saw countless times with us people trying to hack him down. It’s not easy with his pace and power. I won’t hold that against Luiz too much. 

We were poor overall and still within touching distance most the game. 

Still 3 clear of the drop zone with a far superior GD with plenty of winnable games up to and around Christmas. I’m still confident we will be fine. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, smg said:

Just watching motd Luiz should be ashamed of that pathetic attempt to tackle Traore.

Where was our supposed LB? That was his man. That was his tackle to make. Even in the highlight I saw Luis, McGinn and Mings, where TF was Taylor?

25 minutes ago, gordy said:

Where was our supposed LB? That was his man. That was his tackle to make. Even in the highlight I saw Luis, McGinn and Mings, where TF was Taylor?

Taylor had been tackled up the top of the pitch after being given an absolute hospital pass of a ball from McGinn IIRC

• Like 2

if you can not match a team for quality, you should be pressing the ball for 90mins ,make them make mistakes,

im not surprised by the wolves performance..v west ham we didnt look like scoring v 10 men, brighton out played us & was decent still with 10 men, the last min goal masked over the cracks. 

liverpool dominated us, wolves quality shone through, 

villa got what they deserve , you earn what deserve in this game

• Like 1

16 hours ago, smg said:

Just watching motd Luiz should be ashamed of that pathetic attempt to tackle Traore.

He's was poor , he's obviously talented with the ball at his feet in space but he's hopeless at the defensive parts of the game and didn't position himself in any risky areas , showed for the ball in safe areas with no pressure.  He should be rested .

It was really odd that game. It looked like we were the ones suffering from a European hangover.

Konsa was the bright spot for us, everyone else either didn't turn up or was 'meh.' Looking at the BBC stats, it was quite an even game, despite the feeling that we could have ended up with a 4 or 5-0 bumming. VillaTalk as split as ever... after Brighton and Wolves in the League Cup, Smith is a genius. People see Smith as being 'at it' with a plucky late defeat to Liverpool. Lose at Wolves and all of a sudden he's back to being out of his depth by some.

Long road ahead... for me, something positive against the Toon is essential or the players' heads might start to drop.

In Dean I trust... UTV.

• Like 1

I dont buy that Wolves should have been tired after Europe. Its still early in the season, they were at home for what was built as a massive game for them and they're fans. They were always going to be well up for it and we just went out there half assed and didnt match them for fight or determination. Not often you can say that under Dean Smith but they just werent fired up and didnt look like they fancied it at all. Mistakes, laziness and sloppy passes/decisions was the theme all first half. We looked very inferior, that first half looked like it could have followed straight on from conceding that 95th minute Mane goal.

On 10/11/2019 at 17:15, PompeyVillan said:

We're not particularly good away from home, which puts a lot of pressure on us at home now. It's going to be a slog of a season, but we've shown qualities in other games that show that we can stay up. And that is ultimately our aim for this season. 

We have lost away games at Spurs, Crystal Palace, Arsenal, Citeh and Wolves and smashed Norwich away.  We have played 4 of last years top 8 away in our first 6 away games and arguably should have taken points from Palace and Arsenal.  Not that bad a start!  Particularly as we are virtually a completely new side learning each others games and playing in the toughest division in the world.

I am, however, hoping that the latest showing is an aberration!!

Â