Pre match (12th cup final of 28)

Demitri_C

Somewhat Regular Premier League Tidbits

We've played Wolves 8 times in the Premier League for a record of 4 wins, 3 draws & 1 defeat, scoring 1.875 GPG and conceding 1.125 GPG with an average of 1.875 points per game.

We've never been defeated at Molineux in the Premier League and have won 3 out of 4 games there.

Last time we played there in the top division was January 2012 when we came from a goal down to win 3-2. Darren Bent opened the scoring from the spot before we fell behind due to goals from Michael Kightly and David Edwards. Robbie Keane tied the scores and later scored the winner after Karl Henry had received a straight red card for kicking out at Marc Albrighton. The goals made up 2 of the 3 Keane scored for us whilst making 6 league appearances on loan from LA Galaxy. 

Edited by Hornso
Added highlights for those who care
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 05/11/2019 at 06:41, sir_gary_cahill said:

I have dropped Grealish because I don’t think his performances this season have been good enough this season.

So basically at odds with the entire footballing community's opinion

Only 6th most chances created of any player in the PL 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Haha 2

Very unsure of this now. Jack news right kick in the balls. Feels a real flip of a coin as to whether we'll play well or not.

Going into another international break on another defeat would be a shame.

From the press conference on YouTube (which had appalling audio and Dean Smith sounded like he was half-man/half-wasp) DS said Jack was 50/50 as his calf isn’t quite there. Could be a rouse so no one knows our starting eleven? 

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Reading on the Wolves forum they seem very, very confident.

No reason why we shouldn’t be confident either.  Wolves aren't hitting the heights of last season and their best defender is out (Boly).  We certainly shouldn’t fear them, but respect that they are useful going forward.  

Grealish out (if he is) would be a blow to us, but I think our energy in midfield may be too much for them.  Their midweek game could play a part hopefully with tiredness etc.

My real concern here is that we have been conceding second half goals cheaply and Wolves seem to love a late goal.  Can therefore see us going 1or 2 goals ahead and then us being pegged back.    Hoping for a 2-1 win, but could end up 2-2 or a 2-1 defeat.   One thing is for sure, it won’t end up 0-0.  

32 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

They are all a little strange though aren't they. 6 fingers on each hand and still cant count past 5. and all totally obsessed with the Villa 

Yes, we're all inbred monsters who live in caves doing nothing but wishing for the downfall of our witty neighbours.

Six fingers, I'll have to remember that one, you must be the Holte End's Oscar Wilde!

• Like 4