Pre match (12th cup final of 28)

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Wolves have a ridiculous record for scoring late recently. We need to score a few early on! 😆

Seven goals after ninety minutes this season, which is a bit mad. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Yes, we're all inbred monsters who live in caves doing nothing but wishing for the downfall of our witty neighbours.

Six fingers, I'll have to remember that one, you must be the Holte End's Oscar Wilde!

So obsessed they even love Villa Talk. Hope its a great game 

for Villa.jpg

1 hour ago, Andy81 said:

Great pub, that’s my first stop today after getting off the train. 

You WILL be in there at the same time as my mate and if I had managed to get a ticket myself also. 

It is indeed a very great pub but then anywhere that sells Bathams is automatically a great pub in my view. 

We used to have a half way stop at The Olde White Rose in Bilston but that fine institution is now sadly closed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I find this whole Wolves rivalry thing a bit odd.

Until this season i didn't even know it was a rivalry.

Me too @villalad21 I always thought we hate the Blues and they hate the baggies and that's how it has always been. I had always looked to see how the Wolves had got on but that's as far as it went. It was only this season that I found out they hated us with a passion after being under dogs for so long . Years ago when we were both in old first division and equal standings there was not this rivalry.  We need Blues and Baggies in the same league as us, so we can go back to both hating the Baggies 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Hoping for a draw.

A draw would be a good result for us, I have my normal 4:1 bet on the Villa @80/1 

But my head says we are going to lose here. just hope it only by a little margin 

Edited by Robtaylor200

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

So obsessed they even love Villa Talk. Hope its a great game 

for Villa.jpg

Oh god not this obsession thing. Check back over my posts, I don’t mind the Villa at all. 

Shouting ‘Obsession’ every time someone talks about you does you know good though, you’re like a girl who thinks everyone hates you because you’re just prettier than everyone else. 

Ignore me though, I’m pissed off as TFL have made me miss my **** train. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You WILL be in there at the same time as my mate and if I had managed to get a ticket myself also. 

It is indeed a very great pub but then anywhere that sells Bathams is automatically a great pub in my view. 

We used to have a half way stop at The Olde White Rose in Bilston but that fine institution is now sadly closed. 

Nice one mate, I do love it in there. 

Unfortunately I won’t be there now as the tube was shit for me and I’ve missed my train, had to buy another ticket so I won’t have time for the pub now unfortunately. 

I should be easy to spot, I’ll be the sober one on the south bank 😄

• Haha 2

My elder brother is a Wolves fan.

Between 1969 when I first watched Villa, and their promotion the other season, we never “ rivalled”.

It all changed then. I’ve no idea why, but my best guess was that really it didn’t start with us, they were just delighted to finally be doing well, then there was some minor “ oh we can laud it over the Villa” and now it’s become a thing.

It will go away once the natural order is restored, whether that’s this Season or next season 🙂

Wolves and the Baggies are still local derbies, but nothing like the shit. I've always had a soft spot for Wolves, less so the baggies although I do remember big Cyril etc era a bit and that was vintage baggies. Wolves though, more power to them at the mo, doing things the right way football wise, like Nuno loads. Just hope we can turn them over today!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, terrytini said:

In the last 6 seasons the promoted sides have lost

22,21,19,19,19,24,18,17,22,20,20,22,18,16,19,13,24,26 games.

10 stayed up, 8 went down. Whether you like it or not, it IS realistic to anticipate losing around 20 games. And yes, Sheffield United will accept losing 20 games. As will Deano. All that matters this year is staying up.

The problem with fans who “ won’t accept it” is the very real one that it’s THEY who will be the biggest problem over the Season. If you “ won’t accept “ something which has a very real likelihood of happening where does that lead ? 
It leads, sooner or later, to calls for the Managers head, pressure on players, tension at the ground, and all the rest.

It is sensible, and reasonable, to accept around 20 defeats. It’s not sensible, or reasonable, to refuse to accept it.

I have great faith and belief in our squad and Manager. I’ve found nothing to criticise them for so far this season. I don’t look at other sides and muse that they appear to be doing X Y or Z better than us.

I believe we can finish as high as 11- 12 th. 

But that is very very different to what I find “acceptable”.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree and making a case that's simply not there.

Rest assured I will not be calling for the managers head, just like I was not calling for the previous managers head, the so called Dinosaur, until the very end.

I will never accept defeat  with the same ease and mitigation you do.....I have seen errors in our play and I agree with the manager himself who has also identified them in his comments by saying they were avoidable.

accepting defeat, is a state of mind....and one I would suggest should be furthest from our thoughts......Other teams like Sheff Utd, Burnley, Leicester, Newcastle( now) ,do not.

you say you baulk at folk praising other teams for what they do, while criticising our own.....so how do we learn, if we wallow in defeat or dropping points and shower the team with platitudes.....how do we learn to put things right.

I stayed behind, after the Liverpool game to applaud the team and show my appreciation, for a spirited display.....but Like Dean, that did not negate me from seeing the errors......In the stadium is the place for undying support, this is a forum to discuss things without interfering with the confidence of the players.

Dean himself has been honest enough to admit to the team giving the ball away too easily at times..He knows, yet you make derisory comments when someone tries to draw attention to the issues. He talks about the concentration at the end of games needs to be improved, I agree with him.....I guess that may rankle with you too.

Your earlier post references " I expect the criticism from young fans but not from old farts like you" ....well, "The pot calls the kettle black"......delivered in the right way criticism as you call it...observations as I call it are healthy, that's how we all learn....fans ,manager, players.

I too have been heartened by the improvement and encouraged by ASPECTS or our play, but other things need improving too.....that's discussing/debating not criticising.

If you are too sensitive to have a debate about our progress and shortfalls with equal measure, I suggest the maturity of fans needs looking at too.

Most of the things I have picked up during a game, Dean smith has endorsed in his his interviews, he is well aware, I am just reiterating in most cases.

I watched a well organised and spirited display from Sheff Utd last night and make no apologies for being impressed by their approach to every game, we can learn from them.....unbeaten away and with such a modest transfer budget, (that some like to bring up as another form of mitigation).....They do not give the ball away quite so easy as us as they hunt in packs, when they lose it, they recover it as quickly, they are like Leicester in as much as they are so industrious, like a bottle of pop, buzzing all the time.....In contrast, we have arguably better players, but we don't stay as close to each other as the do and rely on that individual skill in a game.....I watched Burnley last nIght, bully their way to a 3-0, crowding out the Goal keeper to cause chaos......smart tactic if you can do it, but they got No joy at Sheff Utd, funny isn't it.

I am not setting out to promote or praise others clubs, just highlighting aspects of their game where we can learn to gain advantages.

I will be watching today's game with Interest and while 95% of me will be wrapped up in the euphoria and passion of watching our Fab team......One eye will be focused on how we can improve.

We all get different value from watching games, don't get too hung up on a bit of adverse comment here and there, its not  meant to be ungrateful.....its actually healthy.

Personally, Terry......I like to know, why we win and why we lose and in fact why other teams win or lose.....I like to learn and be analytical of the game

Edited by TRO
  • Confused 1

For the last time. We all see the negatives. 
And most see it is realistic to expect around 20 defeats. History tells us that’s normal.

Im not going to start reacting to every defeat but if some enjoy that, fine.

I understand some love to admire the qualities of other teams. I’m not interested in other teams....just like I wasn’t interested when some Posters were telling us Cardiff had all the attributes we lacked.

I think we have many qualities and am more than confident we FINALLY have actual Coaches who are competent and will improve our deficiencies.

Im not concerned that our failings are in any way materially different to those of the rest of our competitors. I think it will all be shown to have been so much fuss about nothing come the end of the season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I think we have many qualities and am more than confident we FINALLY have actual Coaches who are competent and will improve our deficiencies.

That is the most important thing IMO and why I am finally happy with things after a very long time, the financial muscle is vital obvs but without the coaching staff and football direction it all goes pear shaped as we know so well...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Oh god not this obsession thing. Check back over my posts, I don’t mind the Villa at all. 

More hatred than obsession.

They sang "S*** on the Villa" in the cup and i'm sure they will sing it today as well.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

More hatred than obsession.

They sang "S*** on the Villa" in the cup and i'm sure they will sing it today as well.

I don’t speak for all Wolves fans at all, but I’ve never minded Villa. We both dislike those two in blue and white and thats good enough for me. 

While I’m at it, I’m being well received in here again, thanks for that. 

Hopefully you’ll be less keen to see me at 4pm 😄

Edited by Andy81

1 hour ago, Andy81 said:

Shouting ‘Obsession’ every time someone talks about you does you know good though, you’re like a girl who thinks everyone hates you because you’re just prettier than everyone else. 

Ignore me though, I’m pissed off as TFL have made me miss my **** train. 

I've had a go at you a few times, but tbh, you're a good egg. 

• Like 2